Help me spend $50-$100 in the App Store?

I received a $50 App Store gift card for Christmas. I’m in no hurry to use it but I thought I’d ask MPUs the best app to get for ~$50 (I’m willing to use the $50 as 50% of the cost for a total of $100).

What app to you recommend for $50-100 and briefly why?

Note: I do not want to apply the $50 to a subscription.

Any advice you can give in helping me spend the $ wisely will be appreciated.

I’ve listed below my current apps to avoid those being listed.

• Drafts
  • Backblaze
  • 1Password
  • 1Blocker
  • NordVPN
  • Alfred
  • TextExpander
  • Moom
  • Bartender
  • Apple Podcast
  • Apple Weather
  • MS Office 365
  • iWork
  • Safari
  • Chrome
  • Brave
  • Obsidian & iA Writer
  • Zotero
  • Scrivener
  • Vellum
  • Apple Notes
  • Craft
  • MindNode
  • PDFExpert
  • Final Cut Pro
  • Screenflow 10
  • Apple Mail
  • Apple Calendar
  • Apple Reminders
  • Logos

I have but I’m not actively using:

• Things
  • OmniFocus
  • Ulysses
  • Spark
  • GoodTask

I’m looking at voice dream reader which is on sale for 9.99

I asked for more info and it has positive comments

1 Like

Can’t forget about this episode :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll send you my phone number in a private message. :joy:

6 Likes

You should have gone for the $100, now I can’t help you! :joy:

4 Likes

Affinity Designer (or any other Affinity app)!

3 Likes

Although, I have no use of this app, I know @macsparky speaks highly of this app and it may help you with your writing:

3 Likes

Check out Aeon Timeline and see if it’s something you would like. It’s an app for controlling the time aspect of storylines, originally developed as an assistant for Scrivener, but was developed to help program management and legal use cases. In version 3 it has gained some relational database functionality. There’s nothing else like it.

1 Like

Pixelmator Pro, Capto, TouchRetouch, Transmit

1 Like

Just curious but Apple Gift cards can be used for anything now… is this an older App Store gift card?

No, it is new and yes, I can use it in the store but I have other money for that. :grinning:

1 Like

We might be having the same conundrum, I was also gifted a nice little sum that is burning a hole in my virtual wallet, but have going back and forth for at least 5 days over what I want to actually use it for!

Like you, I’ve got more apps than I know what to do with but still want to try out something new.

1 Like

I looked at the recommendations, which I appreciate, but so far nothing appeals to a desire or need. The closest was Aeon Timeline. That’s an interesting app but seems too complex for my needs. Still hoping someone will help me spend money. :laughing:

I’m perusing apps while watching college football (real football for our international friends :joy:).

2 Likes

I think Aeon Timeline is on SetApp (or at least it was) so you might be able to itch a scratch before buying a full license!

About the only thing I’m not into that everyone else seems to be is DEVONThink. I tried it out a few years ago when I was finishing grad school but was lost as to how I was ever going to use it.

I use DT as a high priced utility to OCR and to convert files.

I was finishing my PhD dissertation the first time I tried it out, so I think I was mentally “locked in” to my system and wasn’t really open to deviations at that point, so I didn’t end up giving DT it’s fair due. I’ll try it again and see if it sits better with me now for my current uses.

AT is still on SetApp. Or it was on 23 December 2021 when I last checked!

As an aside, DT is one of the finest applications I have ever had the pleasure to use. But the learn curve is incredibly steep.

HNY.

1 Like

Vinegar is a nice Safari extension

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check it out!

1 Like

forgot to mention, if you get it, it can be installed in all your devices (iOS/iPadOS, Mac)