Heptabase for thinking and knowledge management

this is only for people who are happy to pay $6.99 per month (billed annually) for the pro version. I know there is a 1-week refund process but still this is asking a lot of confidence on the product and for the company that has no track record

Yet another one, hat-tip to @DrKarav:

There must be some open source framework underlying all of these visual notetaking web apps that has led to the current prolification…?

Electron :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha, yes, but these apps also seem to share some objects-on-a-canvas ancestor too.

Heptabase is now in open beta, still I maintain that asking people to subscribe for a year upfront is a bold move, albeit the 1 week refund arrangement

1 Like

I saw that and I don’t agree with the mentality of charging people for an unfinished product, going as far as not offering a 1 month trial to beta test their app.

The refund option is there, but it’s not what I would consider a good choice.

It seems like this software has matured a lot since @JohnAtl posted in 2021, yet not a lot of posts on it. Any users out there? Am currently looking at it and trying to figure what it offers over Obsidian canvas

They are different enough that for me it is worth using both. One of the neatest features in Hepta is tags as a database. You can select a tag from the sidebar and then make a table/Kanban based on this tag and add any of nine different properties, including checkboxes, as columns. Much easier then using Data view in Obsidian. Unfortunately not much communication between them. As far as Obsidian’s Canvas vs Hepta’s White board, Hepta is much more potent. Hepta is visual oriented while Obsidian is note centric. You have to try both to get a sense of what fits your use cases’s best. At this point Hepta is adding meaningful updates faster then Obsidian.

2 Likes