How do you access MPU? Shout out to Fig IOS app

I use Safari to access Discourse forums on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad.

However, there is one feature that I use Fig for, and I love it: I use it to notify me on the iPhone when I get a reply to a post, on days when I’m following discussions closely (like today, both here and in the Obsidian Discourse forum). Most days I just leave those notifications off. Very easy to switch them on and off on a per-forum basis.

Have you considered using the Discourse Hub app?

1 Like

I have not tried Discourse Hub. What does it get me that Fig + Safari does not?

Push notifications and the Safari interface?

I get those things with Fig and Safari. I’ll probably take a look at Discourse Hub, though. Thanks!

This is what I use. I tried Fig, thought it was ugly. :man_shrugging:t3:

You wouldn’t need to use two different apps though.

1 Like

It’s meant to look like a native Apple application. Do you not like Apple’s design language?

1 Like

Not that one I guess

It seems like the developer of Fig is now trying to sell off the application. I guess he just couldn’t keep developing it anymore.

Thanks for that update.

I hope Fig finds a good new home!

I use my browser to view MPU. I don’t see the need to install yet another application.

2 Likes

That certainly goes against the popular opinion here!

I didn’t think that @JayAgostino was referring directly to Fig but rather the propensity of folks on this site to try and use multiple apps. :slight_smile:

While it’s probably pointless to post this here, I would like to clarify that I (a person who posted he uses Fig) am NOT an alter ego of the person who is suspected to use multiple accounts on this forum; I’m just a person on my own.

3 Likes

I still use Fig! MPU on Fig on iPadPro is my daily lunchtime access.

Same! I use it exclusively to access the forum — I almost never go to the website itself.

I’m still on the Discourse app. It does the job for me. Fig didn’t work the same way I wanted to, not a criticism, we’re all different.

1 Like

That sounds like something an alt would say!

2 Likes

Apparently not! :wink:

That’s correct.