How much do you pay for internet?

FTTH 400 MBits down / 200 MBits up for 49,99 EUR in Germany

Ottawa Canada
CDN$60.00. USD$48 / month.
Teksavvy (Bell DSL) advertised as 25Mbps down 10Mbps up, unlimited bandwidth/month

Tested today at:
11.1 Mbps download 4.26Mbps upload according to measurementlab.net
13 down 5 up according to speediest.net
I’m used to getting results around 20 down, and 10 up on tests. not sure what is up today.
We use between 500 and 900Gb/month.

Milwaukee suburbs
Spectrum, 200+ down/12up, internet only (no cap)
$75/mo

I check AT&T, the only other provider, quarterly to see if fiber will ever be available but they best they can give me is 50 down (capped) for $45/mo (sale price). It’s a worse speed a block north, but 2 blocks south they have fiber. I don’t feel it’s worth switching until they can give me at least 100 down, but I’m sure I’d hit the cap. Spectrum has been pretty much rock solid. I just wish they had better upload speeds.

I’ve been paying about $90 a month of 50/20.

I’m waiting for a fiber installation this week which is supposed to give me 250/250 for about $100 a month.

This is for a business account. If I were on a residential account, I could get 1G/1G for about $100 a month.

North Mankato, Minnesota
Spectrum 400/20 $80/month unlimited Internet only.

This seems to be the only cable game in town here. They over provision like other cable companies I’ve used (Xfinity and Cablevision) so I actually get about 450/25. I thought about their 900/20 plan, but I this is plenty and the third plan is 100/10, which doesn’t seem fast enough when I’m waiting for large downloads (10-20GB routinely).

Central NJ: Verizon Fios: $40 - $5 phone discount = $35. We cut the cable so not part of a package or intro deal. It is supposed to be 300 up / 300 down. Usually comes in North of that somewhere between 350-400. Very reliable. I was paying twice that for Comcast and getting 1/3 down and 1/50 up.

I pay 80 Euro (94 USD) total for unlimited internet (500 down, 100 up), TV (200 channels) and my landline.

1 Like

I’m paying $45/mo for DSL 15 mbps (really more like 10) down and 5 up in MO. Previously the most I’ve paid is $65/mo for cable based internet.

I’m paying the same for the same but at least Spectrum knocks $20 for cell service.

Wait for Starlink.
Comcast business is preferred over consumer since it actually employs intelligent life form :wink:

From what I am seeing people are getting ++100 down and ++10 isn’t super fast but compared to their current option its worth while considering.

1 Like

You’d be better off going for a provider that offers fiber optic internet. Most people often require higher upload speeds rather than higher download speeds.

As a wise Mac Power Users member once said… :upside_down_face:

You might want to do some research here

It is perfectly fast for most people and internet speed (including price) will rapidly improve over the course of this year according to Elon Musk.

Watch this video for more information.

North Mankato? It’s a small world. I did my undergrad just up the road at Gustavus.

Let’s wait and see what happens by the end of the year then. :slight_smile:

SG$35 ( ~ US$ 26 ) for gigabit fiber. Getting about ~800Mbps up/down when on ethernet.

Might want to try and see if Microwave is available. In Perth, Western Australia I pay $70 per month for 90 Down & 80 Up, unlimited downloads.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody own a hotspot like this? I assume they’re popular in rural areas where you cannot access Wi-Fi.

I think I tried one in the past, but they have terrible network connectivity. Frankly, I don’t think I would ever buy one again, but maybe some other people out there have had better experiences. I was only ever able to get around 60 Mbps if I was lucky. I eventually couldn’t take it anymore. The upload speeds were terrible.

1 Like

In a city in south central Texas, right now I am paying $55 for 200/10 with Spectrum. Actual DL speeds appear to be all over the place. We do have the option of going with AT&T fiber but I hesitate to switch. They have been pushing via fliers and at our local Costo a 100/100 for $45 plan. I think it’s actually a $35 dollar plan but when you add in the cost of equipment fee, its $45. And that is a promo price. Not much cheaper to warrant a switch in my opinion. They just finished burying Google fiber in our neighborhood so this will give me another option soon once it goes live. It will at the least give me more bargaining power.

I just ordered Telus fibre. They say 950Mbps up and down and the cost is $CAN100/month on a two year contract. I’m currently using Shaw cable (80Mbps up/8Mbps down) for $140ish/month but that’s bundled with TV ($25) and home phone ($5), no contract.

Wichita, KS. With AT&T U-Verse, paying $43 for 100 down/20 up - no data cap. They advertise fiber within the city, but it’s not available at my house, and no visibility as to when it will be. Service is reasonable, but not rock solid. Wife complains about dropped Zoom calls and streaming interruptions every other week or so. Only other option here would be Cox - I’m tempted by their GigaBlast speeds, but they have the data cap, and whenever I do the comparison of switching when I add in the TV services (and more importantly the device rental fees) it always ends up more expensive. I could probably get Starlink, but that would just be more expensive for the same service level. I really miss the competition amongst ISPs in the UK. I could choose from around 30 different providers, whilst here in the center of capitalism I’m stuck with just 2 options.