iBooks Store broken?

I’ve been having issues with iBooks on my Mac and was wondering if others have experienced it too. I was looking into getting 60 Mac Tips and wanted to check out the sample before buying it. However, the sample fails to download every single time. This is so for all books and doesn’t seem to be limited to David’s book. I went ahead and bought the book and was able to download it after one failed attempt but can’t get a single sample to download successfully.

I initially assumed that there might be a problem with my account and so logged out and back in but the issue persists. Also, I am able to download iBooks samples just fine on my iPhone and am able to download content on iTunes on my Mac so it doesn’t seem to be account or device related. I updated to 10.13.6 earlier today and wonder if it has anything to do with the update. I have never used iBooks before though so can’t compare.

Any help would be welcome!

screenshot

Sorry, I don’t have an answer for you. I can report that it worked for me on MacOS 10.13.5. Although, it was painfully slow to present a readable sample. The progress bar went to something like 98% and then stayed there for a very long time. The book then disappeared and reappeared.

The embedded videos worked fine. I tried with both Volume 1 and Volume 2 with both having similar odd behaviour for the download process but ultimately working given sufficient time. I have gigabit broadband so it wasn’t the download which required all the time.

1 Like