IOS 12 Public Beta is Released!

This has happened to be a few times. I’ve gone back and forth from Google Maps to Apple Maps, which has helped. I also have turned the phone completely off for a few minutes, which has helped.

New public beta update, bringing some more various updates as well as tweaking of performance and a few more bugs squashed, according to 9to5Mac

1 Like

Cool. I found that OS12 public beta 1 partly broke DevonThink To Go. No big deal - it’s on my iPad, which I don’t use for critical work. But still it’ll be good if it’s fixed.

My guess is that it’s probably a combo of an update to iOS 12 beta as well as an update to the app itself :thinking:

Two issues with the public beta. My phone won’t connect to my bathroom Bluetooth speaker and the second issue is my Apple Watch isn’t being recognized as being connected to my phone to download the newest Watch OS. The Watch is connected because it’s getting my Sleep information and my Rings information.

Onto public beta 2 with no noticeable problems yet. In fact, I can’t tell the difference between the two!

So far no problems with the public beta 2 for me, other than a couple of apps not working as intended, but that’s to be expected :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having this issue too. Anyone else found a fix? I just have been waiting it out for a new beta that will hopefully drop next week.

Katie,

Try it again. Apple reached out on my feedback that they made a server side fix and I was able to download the newest operating system yesterday.

@katiefloyd were you able to download the newest Watch update?

I noticed Screen Time is completely unreliable for me. I have one 30 minute limit setup for social media but it just doesn’t work at all. Facebook, for example, seems to be immune to the rule, and it never has been limited. Other apps are now randomly being locked down. imageimage

I’ve had a few problems…I was mid-text message when my screen on my went completely blank and wouldn’t power off. I took it into the Genius Bar and they did some magic combination of key clicks to get the screen working again (accompanied by a lecture about using betas!). Today, all the icons disappeared from my screen - they were still active insofar as the app opened when I tapped there but the screen showed just the wallpaper. I got them back by making a call to the phone…no idea why that worked, but there you go.

I’ve gotten lectures before. They didn’t take. Knock on wood I don’t have to get another one any time soon.

It looks like the current iOS 12 beta is working better with my Watch. It’s not crashing as much and my notifications are all on my Watch until I delete them.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the same! And finally I’m getting contact names instead of just numbers

2 Likes

My watch still only displays the phone number for incoming SMS. I have the latest watch update and iOS Beta running.

This weeks iOS Beta has my screen bouncing all over and several crashes. It is not a big deal and expected but the watch is a little annoying. :grin:

Public beta1nicely speeded up my ancient iPad mini 2. B2 was slower. B3 means it’s back to crawling.

ISTR from last year that Apple loads up the betas with testing cruft, which slows them down, and then removes all the cruft in GA. But it’s still frustrating.

Every year I do the public betas and every year I regret it. :slight_smile:

I haven’t noticed any slowdowns at all:

• Beta 1: fast
  • Beta 2: still fast
  • Beta 3: even a bit faster (or so it seems, anyway)

You’ve probably already checked, but just in case I’d advise you to check the battery capacity in Setting->Battery

Actually, that had not occurred to me. Maybe the battery is worn out and effecting performance? Would that matter if the device is plugged in?

Yes, but it took a couple of attempts.

1 Like