IOS 12 Public Beta is Released!

I’m downloading and installing as we speak! Fingers crossed!

9 Likes

Thanks for heads up. Downloading on my iPhone now!

1 Like

Anyone else have a dark “Now Playing” widget on their lockscreen?

2 Likes

Report back how it goes! I’m tempted :wink:

Don’t do it! Don’t do it!
— Panicky Polly

3 Likes

Installing on iPad now - fingers crossed.

This feels early for a public beta. I’m not sure I’ve prepared myself yet!

6 Likes

Wish I saw this earlier. Just installed iOS 11.4.1 public beta. Signing up again on the beta page.

1 Like

Typing this on my iPad mini 2 running iOS 12 public beta. Seems significantly faster. Which is great, because this iPad running iOS 11 was a dog.

No other features for iPad that are interesting for me. But faster performance is more than enough.

1 Like

Just make sure you remove the old profile for IOS 11 beta and you should be good to go! It’ll prompt you!

2 Likes

thank you! Will install on my iPad Pro first and see if my tool are still working properly :slight_smile:

I was working when it was announced, but downloaded it tonight. It fixed my 500 Move Goal award, which I’m happy about.

Most people were thinking the end of this week/beginning of next week.

I do! I think I like it.

Is it just a dark, empty rectangle? If so, that is a common bug on the developer beta that has carried over to the public beta. As far as I can tell the only way to get rid of it is to restart your device.

1 Like

I’ve been very happy with beta 1 and 2 on both my iPhone 7 and my iPad Pro. My Apple Pencil isn’t working with my iPad, but I don’t know if that’s the pencil or the beta (It’s been a couple of months since I used it). High praise to this beta which I’ve heard called (and I agree) the most solid beta iOS Apple’s ever released.

Added it to my iPad Air and I can see even in this beta form it runs smoother than iOS 11 did on it.

So far no noticeable problems.

Updated my iPhone 7+ late last night and the battery indicator said 98% when I went to bed, and when I woke up this morning and told Siri “Goodmorning” (Siri shortcut - which are easy to set up, and works excellent, by the way :muscle:t2: ) the battery said 79% - but I’ve got nearly all apps updating in the background, etc.

Next thing to set up and test is Screen time, and limit the time allowed each day for certain apps :grinning:

1 Like

Watching this thread closely - from the safety of the sidelines.:grinning:

5 Likes

I’m considering installing the beta, but I’m worried it will break Carplay which I need to work at the moment. Can someone brave enough to install it please let me know how Carplay behaves and if there are new apps and features in it yet?