IOS 16- everyone’s favorite new thing?

What’s everyone’s favorite things they like from iOS 16?

I have a couple reminders templates, quick note, I want to like the Lock Screen but having trouble with it. Haven’t really played with anything else yet. I know it’s nothing important but I use that stuff a lot.

Anyone else want to share?

I’m using Quick Note a lot and I find it even more convenient than Drafts as I don’t need to switch apps.

Rotating photos on the Lock Screen. Simple, but very pleasant.

5 Likes

Yeah, limiting users to 4 tiny widgets feels like a bad decision and really limits my enthusiasm for the new Lock Screen dramatically. Why not at least two rows of four widgets? On the other hand the rotating picture gallery is awesome. My wife loves to be able to see a new photo of the grandkids every hour.

The other hidden gem of iOS 16 is the new options you have for the final disposition of screenshots.

2 Likes

Love the widgets and weather on the home screen.

Lock screens with Focus Modes and filtering

2 Likes

I forgot about that. That’s a great feature with the wifi.

Just Press Record widget for quick capture from the lock screen = #bonus

1 Like

this is my favourite too

1 Like

I have tried all of the features on iOS 16. Here are my favorites.

1. Rotating pictures for Lock Screen,
  2. haptic feedback for keyboard,
  3. Things 3 widget for adding notes to inbox.
  4. Duplicate picture finder, OMGGGGGG!
  5. updating Astronomy Lock Screen. I love the earth one!!

I agree with comments here that limiting the widgets to 1 line made it less useful.

2 Likes

I use Health to centralize health data, and I have been using a separate app (Pill Reminder) for medication management. Now that Health in iOS16 includes Medications, I’m hoping to ditch the Pill Reminders app. I’m using both for the time being while I acclimate, but so far it looks promising.

1 Like

Create a new lock screen and choose Photo Shuffle up top. Then select the people/album you want and set the shuffle frequency. It won’t be available in the first day or so of having the phone as it needs to process your photo library first.

2 Likes

Pressing on a person/object in photos and dragging out a cutout of them.

4 Likes

I haven’t found an actual use for this yet, but man I love doing it.

1 Like

Its great for creating memes on the go.

1 Like

Yes, I do like the new lock screens and lock screen widgets - maybe this is what will get me into focus modes finally.

Battery percentage display is great too, and I’m pretty sure my battery life has increased after the update.

I wish we could have more focus modes though.

How many do you have? How many do you want?

I have 9

1 Like

I’m starting to regret it now. My girlfriend has discovered it and I’m being bombarded with messages with cutouts of me, cats, random objects in the street etc.

4 Likes

Just in case anyone else is looking for it, I just discovered that battery percentage on the battery icon is not available on the iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 13 Mini.