iOS contacts app

Not in Cardhop - you can email a group but not sms.

Iā€™m really liking Cardhop too. Such an improved interface over the iOS Contacts app.

Seems I also need to do some clean-up in there - finding a lot of people I have not communicated with in 20+ years, synced over from the Palm Pilot at some point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Palm Desktop was great. It held my calendar, tasks and contacts for years. Palm should have been a leader in smartphones but the HP buyout killed them S I recall.

My Palm device ended with a great crunch ā€¦ when I stepped on it. The dismal sound still reverberates.

Any ideas how to archive old contacts? I have a bunch where I donā€™t even remember who they were, but I would like to keep them somewhere just in case I need them again some day.

One option would be to export all the vcards then (optionally) delete from Contacts. You could always import them back, and they are still searchable with spotlight on the Mac if Iā€™m not mistaken.

3 Likes

I have all my contacts delineated into various Groups (Family, Friends, etc), including groups of ex-neighbors, ex-clients, etc. In iOS I donā€™t ā€˜checkā€™ the groups Iā€™m not interested in seeing.

If you want to save to CSV or a spreadsheet there are multiple options.

2 Likes

As suggested by other people, you can export to vcard and then clean up your contacts.

Iā€™m in the same boat. My address book is a bit of a mess and Iā€™m now meeting more and more people so Iā€™ve got to stay more organized especially with notes.

I also dragged my contacts into a Numbers file which will help me organize as well.

1 Like