iPhone Homescreens!

And I thought we’d stopped the boats!! :laughing::wink:

2 Likes

Emoji for folder names – so useful :smile:

“no one is using the Spark app”

I am! I don’t use most of its “power features” but I like it enough to use it for work.

The only problem I’ve run into is that every now and again it forgets that it is configured, but after a force-quit it works again.

1 Like

I use Spark, but only on iPad and Mac because it’s my sit-down-and-clear-the-whole-inbox app.

1 Like

I’m among those who prefer some blank lines and quite a bit of asymmetry:

My great shame.

1 Like

I’m getting a too big image warning. Did not used to get them when uploading screenshots previously. Anything change on the Discourse end? Or did I inadvertently change something on my phone? Using the Discourse app…

Some context: I am using an iPhone 8 with the Zoom display setting enabled, but the Shortcut I use to make my device screenshot thinks it is an iPhone SE.

I have a few shortcuts on my home screen. The top left is a Help Hotline Shortcut in case of an emergency. It gives me a list of emergency service hotlines, such as a suicide hotline, that I hope i never need to use but are there if I do. I also have a few custom weather shortcuts and a custom Airplane Mode shortcut.

In my dock I have an “aural media” folder, a “Useful Now” folder, an Internet folder, and a Social folder. I just started using the Useful Now folder in the past few weeks, I have my Reminders in there as my to-do list, the News app because I have some TIME magazines to catch up on, and the WWDC app in preparation for next week.

Pages 3 and 4 are copies of every single app as a shortcut so I could customize the icons but I got tired of the really long animations so I stopped using them.

Below are my wallpapers. The rainbow one is from AR72014 and the other is an image that I took.

1 Like

I uploaded on my Mac not the Discourse app.

Hmmm I used the Discourse app and it worked fine

I got that warning too. I put the image through the app Image Size, then I was able to upload it.

Here’s mine. I keep it to 2 screens. I never seem to be happy with the app on my home screen.

Everything resides in folders at the bottom of the screen. My most frequently used apps are in the bottom right folder. If it’s not visible on the first page of any of those folders I just do a swipe and search.

7 Likes

Not a bad idea, actually !

That’s where mine lives also

Great solution to cut the clutter, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by having too many icons over several pages. David, how have you grouped the apps in the 4 folders ? Is it easy to remember where to find things quickly ? Thanks Stuart

Yes uploading screenshots worked fine for months. Now it’s not working for me. Strange uploading photos works fine. But the screenshots are deemed too large.

My original question stands. What changed?

Beautiful wallpaper! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Nice wallpaper. I tried it out and it’s really attractive on the iPhone. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like