July 2019 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

CleanMyMac X is included with Setapp. That, plus recent needs to get the current versions of Hype and FotoMagio Pro (both included with Setapp) have made my Setapp subscription worth the freight.

1 Like

Today (June 15) is “Amazon Prime Day”.

I haven’t seen anything that called out to me “buy me” yet, but if anyone finds any cool deals on hardware / software, please point it out.

Amazon Lightning Deal (12% taken as of this post) - iTunes $50 physical gift card for $40:

3 Likes

Good deal. Boost it by taking the extended delivery timeframe and get $5 credit in PrimeNow.

Best Buy has the 2019 15" i7 MacBook Pro 16Gb/512SSD for $2100 (down from $2800)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-pro-15-display-with-touch-bar-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-pro-560x-512gb-ssd-silver/5998601.p?skuId=5998601

Buy a $25 Amazon gift card, get $5 credit added to your account. (I simply had the gift card code emailed to my own email account.) Either use GCPRIME19 at checkout, or click the redeem-button here:

1 Like

I was waiting for this one - Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan (Lightroom Classic plus Photoshop) with 20GB storage | 1 Year Subscription (Download), usually $119, on sale today for $95.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CUQ10GY

(plus, if you have a Chase_Amazon credit card, you get a 6% credit on all purchases today)

iTunes GC is a deal. Thanks

How are you using PrimeNow? When I searched a long time ago, didn’t have any good deals

Nice deal however it will be 2 days before it applies.

I got my $25 card within moments. As for the $5 bonus credit taking 2 days? (shrug), it’s not as if Amazon is closing tomorrow or I’m never buying from them again.

So far the only thing was something on the list for a while but it’s not computer related. It’s a sous vide device.

https://smile.amazon.com/ChefSteps-Joule-Watts-White-Stainless/dp/B01M8MMLBI/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sous+vide+joule&qid=1563205908&s=gateway&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=8-3

1 Like

CalcAllot is on sale for $0.99 US until July 21 2019.

1 Like

Another iTunes gift card deal, this time from eBay’s PayPal Digital Gifts shop, from which I’ve ordered many times: $100 iTunes gift card for $85

3 Likes

Follow-up to the above $100-iTunes-gift-card-for-$85 deal:

I took advantage of the offer, got an email later in the day with a link to the code, and when I entered the code in iTunes, Apple gave me the choice to either add the credit to iTunes/App Store, or to extend my Apple Music subscription for a discounted price of $99. So, I just re-upped for Apple Music for a year for a cost to me of $85.

4 Likes

@bowline for the win

Today Amazon is offering a 12-month subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Home for $99.99 which with purchase comes with a $50 Amazon gift card.

50% off on Eero today on Amazon

1 Like

Even though I already have 2 Eero and 2 Beacons and don’t need anymore, I have this irrational urge to get this deal. Eero is the best! THE BEST! you owe it to yourself to buy this, Mac Power Users!

2 Likes

Two NYTimes.com subscription offers today-only:

(1)

4 weeks free, then $1/week. Unlimited articles access on any device. (There was a previous recent offer for $1/week, but it didn’t include the free month, and I’m not sure if it was good for all access on all devices.)

(2)

4 weeks free, then $3.13/week for unlimited articles on any device, plus the separate NYT Cooking and Crossword sections on any device)