July 2019 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

Wow that is tempting…

EDIT: too bad it’s no longer available. Dang.

Still looks available to me

Samsung t5
500GB for 79.99
1tb for 149.99

I’ve used Vitamin-R for quite some time to help focus, but stuck with Vitamin-R2 because the upgrade was 15$. Full app (usually 25$) is on sale at 1.99$ on the App Store: Vitamin-R3 on the Mac App Store

3 Likes

How are you using Vitamin-R?

Seagate USB 3.0 Desktop 8TB External Hard Drive, $119.99, $20 off normal price.

A couple of temporarily-free apps in the Mac App Store

Strike Writer/Publisher (down from $15.99), neat Markdown editor

QR Code Mini (down from 99¢) -

1 Like

Sandisk 2Tb external SSD (USB-C, USB 3.1) for $269.99. Add $11.49 for bundle with 64Gb USB flash drive.

(Samsung’s 2Tb T5 external drive was $299 recently, but it’s currently $327.99 online everywhere)

I know I’m missing something but why is a 2TB drive so expensive?

It’s an SSD, not spinning.

Strike was also recently added to Setapp.

Via StackSocial, Private Internet Access is offering its VPN service for a significant discount if you use the coupon-code SUMMERSAVINGS

• 1-Year Private Internet Access VPN Service: $36
  • 2-Year Private Internet Access VPN Service: $43.20
  • 3-Year Private Internet Access VPN Service: $57.60

I’m half-way through a 3-yr deal with PIA which I think cost me $90. This is a huge bargain.

It’s a well-regarded and rated VPN service. I’d give it a solid B+. It has a great macOS app as well as a separate Chrome extension (if you just want to use it in the browser, instead of systemwide). It has the occasional speed slowdown, and the only longstanding issue I’ve had is that its ‘USA East’ node actually is in London. (They have over 3300 proxy servers in 52 locations around the world, though.)

This is a great deal. I got 2 years for $60. This looks like it is only for new accounts, sadly…

1 Like

Best Buy has a ‘Black Friday in July’ sale, with discounts on Apple Watch 4 ($50 off), MacBooks, MacBook Pros, and up to $250 off select iPad models. The deal I just grabbed was 20% off a $50 iTunes gift card (choose email delivery or a card-code snail-mailed to you). Offers good through tomorrow, Friday 7/25:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/itunes-app-store-gift-cards-savings

1 Like

I don’t see 20% off, instead I get “Free Apple Music for 3 months (new subscribers only)”

Limited offer apparently expired.

The offer is still working, but you have to be logged into your “My Best Buy” account (just your usual account log-in or create one).

2 Likes

DeskCover for Mac, which via mouseclick or hotkey can either darken background windows and/or hide Finder icons (useful for screenshots) is temporarily free. Similar to HazeOver and DesktopCurtain, which sell for $5-$6.