Katie Floyd's Home Office

And I just got back from the supermarket with my EarPods in listening to MPU and I smiled big-time that I got a mention! As a footnote, my plastic bench/desk was where I wrote my book THINK DECIDE ACT and is still the ‘studio’ I record my interviews from.

5 Likes

I really like that clean desktop. It reminds me though of an employee once who stepped into my superintendent office just after I had spent a considerable amount of GTD time sorting all “stuff” neatly into 20–30 binders in alphabetical order. He looked at my empty desk and asked:

– You’ve got nothing to do?

Little did he know but it was hard after that to not leave any papers “behind” as a “proof” of real “CEO” work.

1 Like

Very nice! I have the same keyboard and loooovvveee it. If they ever stop making them I will be like Walt Mossberg and buy about six of them.

What an amazing work space

Lovely workspace Katie. Really agree with your comments on MPU+ about getting by with what we can afford, there no point in trying to continually upgrade tech and workspaces just to impress everyone else. If we have the financial ability and it makes us more comfortable or more productive then great but we’re all here to primarily get the most out of what we have, thanks for reminding us of that.

3 Likes

Loving this setup! It looks so clean and tidy… love the desk especially.

1 Like

Love the set up. We also have a bonus room. My wife and I share the space and run our 9 person company from very similar space.

If you ever find yourself in Memphis, you will need to visit the Pottery Barn outlet store though be warned it can lead to buying outstanding deals! Love the setup. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

An old quote, but one that should be cemented in Mac Power Users history forever… :slight_smile:

@katiefloyd, you have a very nice office. Who are you? I would try to learn more about your office, but your user profile won’t open. Does anybody know why?

This only aged well for a few months. Sad to see that your website is gone!

You know she used to the podcast’s co-host, right?
She has moved on to other things, very amicably, as she was called to other projects.

I discovered the podcast in 2019. This is an unknown story to me, but it sounds legendary.

This must’ve been your first reaction though… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I stand corrected and will definitely respect her privacy.

4 Likes

Uhh, no. 1) She’s a state court magistrate, not a federal magistrate judge; and 2) Federal magistrate judges are not appointed for life.

1 Like

Indeed. Which is why I remained voluntarily vague.