Key features in Alfred Powerpack?

Like @Shruggie—and considering some of the apps I use cost $1800 to $4200 per YEAR—I, too, would pay more for Alfred. But shhh… let’s not give them any ideas.

Alfred, Hazel, and TextExpander are the keys to my productivity.

1 Like

I use many of the above resources, it’s replaced text expander for me with their snippets feature, and Alfred spell check is incredible.

1 Like

Workflows.

Also, the developers are super responsive and lots of helpful users in their forum.

These are the kind of folks I enjoy supporting with my money.

1 Like

Same. Support the developer. I use Alfred all day long. Trying to remember what are PowerPack features -

• Snippets, everyday
  • A few workflows.
  • Clipboard history, everyday
  • File Navigation - all day long (Don’t remember if this is a powerpack adder

I am not sure how to use the Spellcheck. I am not sure I even know what that means ? Need to look into it.

2 Likes

Features→Dictionary

+1 for the Lifetime Powerpack. I can’t imagine using my Mac without Alfred. Workflows, custom searches, clipboard history, advanced file navigation, contact lookup, and sync are just some of the Powerpack features I use every single day.

I do wish though that the Alfred forums used a better platform (Discourse!) and that the process to discover and update workflows was easier and more streamlined.

4 Likes

Agree. Both of you points are long overdue.

1 Like

I would pay for a power pack just for a Bible look up workflow alone. I type in ‘yvf’ and my scripture reference, then I can press enter and be taken directly to the you vervain website, or press CMD+enter and it copies it directly to my clipboard. That alone is worth money lol.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going for the lifetime upgrade and look forward to trying out the workflows and snippets the most. I’ll check out the forum as well.

1 Like

One great feature not mentioned here I use all the time and would really miss:
File actions that can be triggered from within the Finder!
You can send files via email, move or copy them to another folder, open in a specific application, copy filepath to clipboard.
Things you can do with files, but just using your keyboard!

It’s under Features > Actions > Selection Hotkey

Regular situation at my old job:
Colleague: Don’t forget to send me that PDF.
Me: I already sent it to you.

It is so fast :slight_smile:
More time to do the real work or chat with your colleagues

4 Likes

Did not know about this. I’m on the free version and trying to see if I’d actually use features the power pack offers. Is this complicated to set up?

Is it difficult to set up a custom workflow?

very easy to do

1 Like

One cool trick there is that you can configure it to triggering on multiple presses of a key as the keyboard shortcut. I’ve set mine to hitting option key twice

5 Likes

That’s brilliant.
So, setting it like this means that if I have a file selected in FInder, double tapping ^ (control) opens up the Alfred options.

I never knew that was even possible!

It’s cool reading through this thread and finding out what Alfred has to offer. I’m a newbie when it comes to trying to streamline my workflow. I’ve checked on the Alfred website but can’t seem to find if it can automate my workspace. Can Alfred open several safari windows set to certain positions on my screen with their respective websites and open and position other apps like VS Code? I would love it if with a keystroke, all that could snap into place.
edit I found this: https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/triggers/hotkey/creating-a-hotkey-workflow/
Looks like what I’m looking for. But Can Alfred open specific websites when the browser is opened?

You can use the Open URL action, and attach one for each website.

Alfred doesn’t do window management. But you can set it up to call your window manager - I use Moom

2 Likes

@dfay thanks!

(20 characters)

I had no idea. I’m surprised there isn’t some text noting that on the Actions screen. Very cool.

Yep. Open URL Action:

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 2.07.20 PM

2 Likes