Loving new Stream Deck

Loving my new Stream Deck! I’ve only had it for one day but it’s worth it just for the ease of managing Toggl timing. I’m also enjoying how the Apple Music button displays the current album art.

7 Likes

Which plugin are you using for this?

1 Like

It was a download from the Elgato plug-ins area. In the store, it looks like a simple music play/pause app, but once you add it to a Stream Deck key, it magically shows the playing album’s art.

1 Like

Just don’t get it confused with the Steam Deck! :wink:

4 Likes

I own a 15-button Stream Deck and it’s never enough buttons. I think that the 32 one is too big for my desk set up. I am thinking of getting a 6-button one to complement the current 15-button. I read that I could set the 6-button with just profiles and clicking one profile will open up the icons in the 15-button Stream Deck. Have anyone here had any experience in this? Does this work well in practice?

1 Like

In the following topic @Jimbo indicated to have all three sizes of Stream Deck, so he should be your expert on this question to PM.

1 Like

For me, only the elgato-Spotify plugin works with displaying Album Art (also working for non-premium Spotify accounts).
Album art on the Stream Deck makes me extremely happy :smiley:

I have not found a way to display album art working for the Music (previously iTunes). A potential issue might be that I do not subscribe to Apple Music, but are just using the plain old iTunes Match for my library.

The Play/Pause in the Apple Music plugin does display the album artwork when playing. It’s the button in the top center here…

3 Likes

No offense, but all these layouts look so extremely unattractive (I had the more informal phrase here, but not sure if MPU was able to handle that :wink: ) . I assume a lot of “us” are using Macs also because of the aesthetics. Nice icons. Applications that follow (more or less) Apple’s UI guidelines (do they still exist b.t.w.?). But their StreamDecks look like a box of exploded crayons. Or worse. Why?

3 Likes

Because tastes vary? And what’s ugly for you is fun for someone else?
Beauty is not a universal metric…

1 Like

Could also be because getting all matchy-matchy with icons can be a colossal pain. At a certain point the fact that it’s both programmable and can be labeled (i.e. not just a bunch of unlabeled keys) is a huge benefit.

1 Like

Or the fact that it’s not a device exclusive to Apple?