Mac Power Users 441: MPU+: The Grass is Always Greener

Every podcast does its share of podcast navel-gazing. I think MPU is actually pretty good about it.

1 Like

“What gear do you use for podcasting?” → Skip.

2 Likes

I do that :grinning:

I wish they could do one episode on podcasting and then not talk about it till next episode about the same so I could skip the entire episode

I’m not a podcaster, but I’m always interested in this. Audio gear has always interested me, for some reason, so I like hearing what Katie and David use.

2 Likes

Just wanted to suggest to @MacSparky that he look for some magical inspiration from the works of Ben Aaronovitch rather than Ms Rowling. So much better.

I am very interested in audio gear. The playing, not the recording.

1 Like

MPU does use Podcast chapters so its not like skipping is particularly hard, though these days i listen at 3x speed with silence trimming so its not like it takes me long to get through those sections anyway

Ah, but I believe David also made the point that this is what he does, eh? I mean, I took it as - he buys all these doodads so we don’t have to. I’ve been listening for years and I’ve personally purchased a small handful of items/apps only because: they fit my needs, I probably wasn’t otherwise aware of them, and of course I got to hear a nerd’s review. :nerd_face:

David and Katie made me buy a lot of stuff. :smiley:

3 Likes

@MacSparky @katiefloyd this is a great app for cord cutters, it’s free.

https://pluto.tv

Your photo cracks me up, Mitch!

1 Like

I sold on eBay for many years and I still buy there. I don’t think I’d buy any computer items there although I believe I did buy a charger that wound up not being legit. But I didn’t spend a lot of money, of course. Most items I can buy off eBay without any problems but I stick mostly to books and I look for nice copies.
As for selling, that should go all right unless someone decides they want their money back and has damaged the item. I would get it insured if it’s worth anything.
I’ve sold on Amazon and it is a big hassle. It would probably not be worth the time nor the effort.

Thanks. I will check Ben out.

I’ve said it on the show but every time I meet a listener with his or her significant other present, one person is really happy to meet me and the other wants to murder me.

:wink:

4 Likes