Mac Power Users 464: Stephen... Who?

2 Likes

I await the Superman fan anger.

7 Likes

I dug the episode. I know nothing about Relay.fm other than it exists and ATP is also on it, so a lot of this history was new to me. I really got interested when Memphis came up because I find podcasters being from somewhere specific more interesting to listen to for some reason. Thanks for that context and looking forward to the first episode where youā€™re both on the same side of the interview/topic.

1 Like

Hey @cornchip, I wrote an entry in Day One this evening that started out, ā€œI sure hope the MPU family digs Stephen ā€¦ā€ and then read your post.

Much love.

5 Likes

I just listened to the episode and really liked it. I am kind of a heavy Relay FM listener so I ā€žknowā€œ Stephen pretty well (I notice how ridiculous this sounds but it is this weird podcast relationship where you listen for hours and hours to a personā€¦). I am pretty sure that Stephen is the perfect fit for this show. When I first heard the announcement I thought so and now I am even more convinced. And it seems that David and Stephen get along really well which is great. I just hope that there is a little innovation when it comes to the show. Not much is needed but it canā€˜t be wrong to change a little from time to time. But I am pretty optimistic that @MacSparky and @ismh will figure it out.

Looking forward to the next 463 episodes (no pressure! :wink: )

3 Likes

I enjoyed the episode and found out some more interesting information about Stephen that I didnā€™t know from listening to some of his other shows. Welcome to MPU Stephen.

1 Like

I just finished listening and really enjoyed the episode. :+1: Iā€™m looking forward to the first content/interview shows.

Welcome to MPU, @ismh!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been thoroughly enjoying the episode too, itā€™s nice to get some background about podcasters (unlike how Iā€™m not bothered about people in other media types); it was a great idea for the episode topic.
It was also interesting to find out theyā€™d known each other a long time and get on really well, which bodes well for the community that Katie and David nurtured around the podcast.

1 Like

A really fun episode, as expected. Even as someone who has ā€œknownā€ of Stephen for awhile, I learned some fun new stuff about him, and I look forward to the future.

In fact, the only problem with the episode was @MacSparky asking ā€œWho shot first?ā€ I mean, come on. Even asking that question is insulting, like ā€œDo you still beat your wife?ā€ Or ā€œDid you think the Prequels were good?ā€

(:kissing_heart:)

Again the personal praise for the Fujitsi ScanSnap from @MacSparky.
Thatā€™s enough. Unsubscribed from the MPU podcast. It has been a nice many years (yes, I have been a long, long time weekly listener). Thanks and good luck.

Haha then all you know is that it exists - ATP isnā€™t on Relay :slight_smile:

1 Like

How can I automate getting a push notification when episode 800 is released? :wink:

The episode had been recorded before the discussion in this forum. So it was just an unfortunate coincidence in my eyes.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the episode. Even though Iā€™ve listened to Stephen on many other podcasts this was still a fun one. Looking forward to the future.

I may hire skywriters over every major city.

2 Likes

Remember to go international

1 Like

I canā€™t be mad at someone for loving such a flawed being as Bruce Wayne, itā€™s why his movies are always better than Supermanā€™s lol. Iā€™m a lifelong Superman fan, and it pains me a bit to say that the only worthwhile media put out about him is when he was angsty teen Clark Kent on Smallville.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve listened to Stephen for years. He is the perfect person to join this show and interact with David. To quote the Adventure Zone, ā€œ[itā€™s] going to be amazing!ā€

1 Like

Bingo. And not something ā€œdisastrousā€ enough to require an emergency edit.

Haha! I guess all these networks with Mac shows blend together for me.