May 2020 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

Just discovered ForkLift 3’s sync feature.

That would have been so useful when I was developing a homebridge plugin (editing JavaScript code in Sublime Text on my Mac, but executing it on a Raspberry Pi).

That feature alone made it worth purchasing ForkLift 3 anyway, even if there’s overlap with Cyberduck/CloudMounter/… (in particular with this discount)

Thank you for mentioning their Spring sale!

You’re welcome. One of the things I recently discover on the forum here that I’m enjoying is AutoMounter. Since I’m working from home over VPN this has been super useful. I connect to my work VPN and it automatically mounts my volumes that I need. When I disconnect the VPN, it automatically unmounts them. Very slick.

1 Like

Staples has the 8TB Seagate Backup Plus Hub USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (STEL8000100) on sale for $154.99 - $10 w/ coupon code 45298 - another $20 w/ coupon code 35575 = final price of $124.99 (price reflected during checkout). Shipping is free.

I’ve owned two of these for a couple of years (purchased at Amazon, currently $154.99), never had a problem, found them quiet.

1 Like

I believe these are SMR and not as good to shuck for a NAS. Still great as external hard drive space

Elpy is a free (no IAPs) ambient sound app for Mac that lets you mix-and-match sounds and their respective volumes in the mix. Pretty nicely done. Don’t know how long it will remain free.

2 Likes

Not Mac based but Civ 6 is free for a limited time

3 Likes

This months thread is up

https://talk.macpowerusers.com/t/june-2020-sales-and-hardware-software-etc-deals/17558