Mojave Monday 9/24 -- will you jump on it?

Holding off for a couple of mission-critical apps to update and then diving in. Should only be a few days.

macOS Mojave does not support my Mac mini from 2011 (at home), so no.

My production machine at work it supported, but since itā€™s production machineā€¦

Many people like myself are always looking for ways to increase their productivity. The first thing I recommend is switching from Windows to a Mac then the second thing is to just wait 6>9 months to upgrade the OSā€™s and delegating other peopleā€™s time to ring out all the bugs.

I am an Applaholic and touting > 400 on my iPhone and >200 on my Mac so I need to wait for all these developers to get their apps working without issues with the new OSā€™s.

The apps I usually update on a weekly basis as these usually fix bugs or add features.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m in on this one. I skipped High Sierra for whatever reason, and may take care to preserve a drive with Sierra in case of clients coming around with Final Cut Pro 7 files. But since Iā€™m not in the midst of a big project (or, I am, but itā€™s a writing project and Iā€™m pretty sure text editing will still work) Iā€™ve got a little leeway to try things out.

Plus, I want to see Omnifocus 3, and even though it launched already, I canā€™t open it.

My MBP is a production machine. For work I depend on Citrix Receiver (now called Citrix Workspace App). There is no official support for Mojave yet, so I must wait.

Bummer. I had not seen there would be a delay the SmallCubed MailSuite. But their FAQ says no data will be lost ā€“ Mojave Mail will uninstall the old plugins and when MailSuite is installed later the preserved data will be installed into the new product. So the worst case is losing tagging capability for two weeks.

1 Like

I am moving iMac and old MBP to Mojave today once Iā€™m back from work.

Iā€™m currently on public beta since the first released. I find it stable but hasnā€™t used it that much since most of the task Iā€™m doing nowadays is on my Mac in the office and the iPad at home. Iā€™m using my Mac at home less and less since most of the task Iā€™m doing can be done on my iPad conveniently.

I would update if I had a Mac that supported it, but the 2011 mini isnā€™t getting Mojave. My wifeā€™s MacBook Air is compatible, but I wonā€™t be upgrading her on day 1.

Iā€™ve been on the public beta since day one and Iā€™ve had no problems whatsoever.
Itā€™s really stable so I say ā€œGo for it!ā€ :smiley:

My Mac is too oldā€¦2010 White MacBook though I am due for an upgrade. Saving for a 2018 MacBook Pro! Hopefully by Christmas if I can.

the 2011 MacBooks donā€™t get it. Stupid Metal support. :rage:

Iā€™m going to wait a few days and just see what happens.

Itā€™s nice to know Iā€™m not the only one unable to update.

I feel a little left behind. But after reflecting, I realized that it doesnā€™t mean what I have is now less. All the software that Iā€™m currently using isnā€™t going to go kaput. Other than the workflows in finder, most of the changes are cosmetic.

For me, this is first world problem. Iā€™ll be alright.

I havenā€™t jumped in but for me to sync my music to my iPhone do I have to update to Mojave since Iā€™m on iOS 12. I just got this message.

Actually now that I reread it Iā€™m confused because Iā€™m on High Sierra (10.13.6)

I just realized I broke a 14-year streak of always running the latest macOS from the release day and it makes me sad. However, I donā€™t accept full responsibility for the unfortunate event as also Apple has failed their part of producing hardware that suits my needs for a reasonable price.

Hey, stupid question, is the download available yet? Iā€™m not seeing it on my app update?

Depending on where you are, itā€™s available. Mojave does not appear on Updates, it appears on the main page of the App Store.

Ha, I had to close and reopen the App Store.

Thanks.

Waiting to for the first guinea pig to download Mojave and then scan stuff successfully with a ScanSnap S1500M. Will probably wait for x.2 release.

2 Likes