Mojave Monday 9/24 -- will you jump on it?

VLC is a great app. I stopped using it when I got a discount deal on the Pro update to Elmedia Player, which does what VLC does but also supports building playlists, opening browser videos via optional bookmarklet, saving RTMP streams,& external resources required by SWF animations, downloading YouTube videos (I have other apps I use for that, though), and easily being able to grab stills from videos.

I have to say I love the ā€œNEWSā€ app.

1 Like

Itā€™s great. I write a mash note about it the other day. If you configure it with favorite new sources and topics, and blacklist stuff you arenā€™t interested in (for me: sports and some political extremist news) and like/dislike individual articles (Command+L or Command+D) then youā€™ll get an increasingly useful, AI-powered smart RSS feed of customized news, while also being able to individually viit the feeds for sites and topics.

This has been available for a while on iOS, but itā€™s just much more convenient and practical on macOS with big screens and the ability to open articles in a web browser.

I use NewsBlur for my (considerable) RSS feeds, and I wonā€™t be able to give it up - a while back I hit the feed limit on Apple News(150 sites/topics, I think). But right now Iā€™ve got 1355 sites in RSS in NewsBlur. But Iā€™m jumping into Apple News more, and first, because it bubbles up the more prominent and important news for easy reading.

Iā€™m on the fence with this one, but thinking of going ahead to install it.

For those whoā€™ve installed, have you seen performance gains?

Yes, and done (no issues so farā€¦)

I jumped on Mojave on release day. I am anxious for Mailsuite so I can get Mail Act-on back, but otherwise everything is fine. I did not even back anything up this time. I was so excited, I just installed it. Next time I will back up ahead of time.

I got that message too before I could connect my iPhone to perform a backup (High Sierra as well). Just hit ā€œOKā€ and let it do the update; youā€™ll be able to connect and sync your music after that.

I jumped on Mojave last night and went for Dark Mode. (Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll stick with Dark Mode, though.)

The only victim discovered so far is IBM Notes - which is crashtastic. Iā€™m told I can fix this so today Iā€™ll try to. (I have other ways of getting at the IBM email infrastructure, as it happens.)

I cleared over 100GB today and tried again with no issues at all. Well, Better Touch Tool was not working but I toggled the security settingnoff and back on and now I think I am good to go!

Just a reminder that BTT needs Accessibility access in System Prefs to work properly (in case thatā€™s not what you were referring to by ā€œsecurity settingā€):