My Mac Studio is Shipping 1 Week Earlier Than Expected

An Apple enthusiast - mentioned his Apple buying tip.

When a hot new product comes out such as an iPhone or recent MacBook Pro or Mac studio etc., we know that the longer you wait to order, the longer the shipping and delivery times may be.

The simple tip my friend suggested is that as soon as the product becomes available in the Apple store, he will order it as quickly as possible.

If he can’t decide which model he wants he may order several of the items at the same time.

After his order(s) are placed, then he can decide if he wants to cancel an order anytime prior to shipping.

Yep! I ordered all the Studio Display variants and cancelled 3.

The Ultra was extremely quiet as well.

Yep, that’s what I should have done. On the other hand, I’d feel kind of bad about doing that because then that means one isn’t available for someone else because I’ve ordered one “just in case.”

1 Like

And now UPS says the 8th …

Mine came early and nobody was in to receive it. All resolved now.

Mentioning this to point out it’s not all upside when they deliver early.

True that. I’ll be traveling next week. So if it doesn’t actually arrive this week, UPS says tomorrow, Apple says next Friday, I’ll have the same issue that you had.

Similar discrepancy for me about a week ago. UPS said one day, Apple kept reporting its original date about a week later. UPS was right, delivered several days before Apple’s projected date.

It may help for you to create a “MyUPS” account. That allows you to get more detailed reporting of the actual shipment progress and emailed notices.

1 Like

Mine is weird. It allegedly shipped early on March 31 according to Apple (my shipping window was April 11 to 22).

According to DHL:

Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL
31. March 2022 14:31 Local time | Service Area: EINDHOVEN - NETHERLANDS, THE

With nothing further since then. Very, very weird.

Could be true, however if you cancel it, that machine that is “in process” would most likely just go to another person awaiting that same config. and maybe they might be pleasantly surprised that the long wait time got moved up for some reason… lol

I had a similar experience. “Shipped - label created” on on March 26, then nothing for 4 days. Hang-up apparently was in Shanghai. Sudden flurry of activity began March 30. Tracking reported Shanghai > Inchon Korea > Anchorage Alaska > Louisville Kentucky > Richmond Virginia > Newport News Virginia > then to another city and out for delivery on March 31. So, the progress from Shanghai to my home delivery was less than 48 hours. Amazing.

The detailed tracking information available through the “MyUPS” account was much more timely and accurate than Apple’s tracking notifications.

Edited to add:
The UPS account login webpage reports the following alert:

• Service Alert due to Situation in East China

This may be related to Covid-related lockdowns in China.

1 Like

This is what I always assumed happens with those orders too. They’re definitely just going to somebody else. It’s only going to be a waste if you wait until you receive it, then return it. I don’t know if they can sell (opened) returned products as “new,” so then they’re refurbished. But that might just be a Canadian thing.

I took back brand new unopened iPhone to return just a few days after I received it and Apple person took it back no problem but was told they MUST open the perfectly unopened box and inspect it - forcing it into the refurb universe … quite odd but that’s how they do it in CA.

But canceling the order and not receiving it should not be an issue at all.

That seems like such a weird process to me. I get why they do it, because you could have an empty box shrink-wrapped I guess. Still weird.

Yup. Many years ago at FRYS Electronics (CA chain) I returned a device completely unopened at they started to open it up - I asked why and they said that some people buy things and take the product out and put a brick inside and then wrap it up with professional wrapper devices and return it.

I said yikes - I had no idea.
I grew up a little bit that day.

1 Like

In my case it seems UPS was wrong.

I am sad.

I do have a MyUPS account, and it was telling me up until about noon today that I’d have it by 2:45 PM. And then is switched to “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.”

And the page at Apple had been saying “April 15”, now it says, “Delivery Not Completed”. At least that is correct.

I called UPS and after arguing with their voice response system (which hung up me! the nerve!) I sorted out the issue of my being away next week.

Seems the machine is in Hong Kong at the moment.

To be continued …

While I’ve received my Studio box I’m on hold until my Studio Display arrives. Finally, the Studio Display has shipped.

the good news.

The less good news that is has shipped via a service called “Deliver-It”. This service provides no means of getting tracking updates other than going to the www site and checking. To date, the tracking status is somewhat opaque.

Supposedly the Studio Display will be delivered on April 11.

What region of the world are you in, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never heard of this company, and am surprised it’s not being delivered by the usual suspects.

Looks like they deliver packages in the southern United States:

https://www.deliver-it.com

1 Like

You are a smarter man than I for googling it. Neat! Haven’t heard of Apple using anything other than FedEx or UPS before, at least not here in Canada.