My Mac Studio is Shipping 1 Week Earlier Than Expected

Located in California, Central Coast halfway between LA and SF.

No happy end for me so far. The Mac shipped on March 31, a label was printed by DHL. DHL has not received the package. No change to the tracking status since then.

I gave Apple a call on Friday: they were 100% sure that the Mac will arrive today (which would be on schedule). Interestingly enough they did not have any information where the Mac was at that time, but the person on the phone was confident in Apple’s logistic partners. I never had such a weird shipping experience with Apple since 2006 when I ordered my first Mac. Does not feel good to already have paid a considerable amount of money way before actually receiving the Mac…

Mines 13th-22nd April - order still at processing.
Looks like it will be the first time in forever that I won’t get it on the first date of the range.

So, it is Tuesday now. I contacted Apple again. A very (!) nice Apple representative told me not so nice news. My Studio has not left China. It has left the factory on March 31, but it is stuck before being processed at customs and before being transferred to the air freight carrier. I asked him if he could tell me the name of the city where it currently is stuck at (I only have a DHL tracking link, DHL will only be able to track the package after it has arrived in Europe). The Apple representative was so kind - my Studio is stuck in Shanghai (which makes sense - a Chinese lockdown is not much fun). My options were to cancel the order with an immediate refund (which of course I did not) or … to wait. Additionally, I will get an answer from Apple within 4 days about further details regarding the shipment… “So near and yet so far…”

I’m having a similar mix of information for my Mac Studio ordered on Mar 29.
Original window: 11 May - 18 May
Shipment notification on Apr 12 with new date: Apr 21
UPS estimate: Apr 14
Appears to be coming out of Hong Kong.
:upside_down_face:

The logistics partner that delivered my Studio Display was “Deliver-it” and their www site provided very limited tracking information and no automatic updates. Folks I spoke with at Apple sales seemed to be aware that this vendor was the source of customer concerns/complaints. The saving grace was the person who did the actual delivery when I was away from the house. They proactively phoned me to let me know a signature was required and were very helpful in leaving the delivery at a neighbor’s.

I just received an email that my Studio is arriving tormorrow! Woo hoo!

And it just arrived! So much for the rest of my day being productive … :smiley:

1 Like

My Mac Studio has finally arrived in Europe and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. :slight_smile:

The issue with my botched delivery is not DHL, but the lockdown in Shanghai: my Studio arrived in Shanghai exactly when everything was shut down. And it took the package 3 weeks to leave this city… But… better late than never, I guess. :wink:

Just to update mine got stuck in customs in Hong Kong for a couple days and was finally delivered on Apr 19. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Mac Studio arrived on April 20th. The original ETA was the first two weeks of June. I’m using it right now.

And on May 19th, I received an email from Apple about my Studio order, which reads in part:

" We appreciate your patience. You made a great choice with your Mac studio. Please be assured we’re working to get it to you as quickly as possible. As soon as it ships, we’ll send you a notification of the expected delivery date. You can also check on your order by visiting order status in your online account."

You think I’m gonna get another one?

Dibs. Thanks for your time.