My 'Office' Setup

Much better than fossilized olives. Although, I have to admit, I have never heard of black grapes. In other news, your post made me add the clicky keyboard to my Amazon shopping cart. Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it David.

Wow! That’s one beautiful set up! I’m at work now but 1) I use a windows computer and more importantly 2) my table is an awful mess of papers and paraffin blocks and slides… (I work in a hospital lab)

2 Likes

That’s a great workstation! I love the lighting, too. I am curious - is this a standing desk ensemble, and, if not, have you ever considered switching to one? And what’s running on the left screen, left hand side? Is that vim with the airvim plugin, or some terminal with an awesome shell extension/prompt/theme (thinking oh-my-zsh or the like)…? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps a ‘setups’ category is in order? :wink:

This looks way cool. I’ll be happy to share mine when the renovation we’ve got going is complete.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Dom’s Office Setup

This looks awesome @TiffanyW_412 , it’s inspiring me to take a look at 4K monitors. I’d need one with a low enough refresh rate because my current one is a gaming BenQ that is low res but plays nice with my Nintendo Switch

1 Like

Ahhh the classic Ikea desktop with alex drawer combo. Looks really good! If anyone is looking for some desk setup ideas I recommend checking out the battlestations subreddit. A lot of the posts are “gaming” setups, but there are some productivity/mac ones as well. Ive gotten a bunch of ideas for my own setup from browsing over there.

Nice rig! Note to all - I think we should shamelessly copy from Reddit and refer to this topic as Battlestations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Quahog’s Office Setup

We have renamed the Homescreens category to “Homescreens & Office Setups” and moved this post there, as well as split two others into their own topics, please continue to post away! :smiley:

1 Like

No not a standing desk unfortunately.

On the other monitor:

Hyper.js with a few npm scripts running and oh-my-zsh with Dracula theme and patched Powerline fonts for the git integration and those flags you see. I also have syntax highlighting and a few other plugins as well as a pretty interesting z shell bash profile. No vim I’m afraid. Todoist when I was using it and Timing 2.

1 Like

What scanner would you get now for film? I thought Epson built really good scanners for that?

Anything you’d change about your set-up or improve upon @TiffanyW_412?

I love this! Reminds me of Mac Setups on OS X Daily

I really should have gotten a longer LINNMON tabletop. I bought all this when I planned to move so I just set up everything in this new place. I didn’t quite gauge how much stuff I was buying and how I would place them when I arrived. I have a 78" LINNMON and I would probably go with a 96" and another ALEX drawer.

I would also like some better fake succulents if I am being honest. I couldn’t find what I wanted on Amazon so I opted for a set of four and didn’t really realize how small and how fake they’d look. Like, really, really fake. So I plan on getting one here soon and paying more money for it.

A post was split to a new topic: Aland’s Office Setup

A post was split to a new topic: Jahala’s Office Setup

A post was split to a new topic: Rob’s Office Setup

I love seeing how others have designed their office/home office - I find it inspirational for how I’d like my future office (sometime in the distant future, probably: grinning:) to look like.

But I always get a bit jealous since I don’t have a home office, yet - in fact, my only “tools” are my iPhone 7+ as well as my MacBook Air, a tripod and a bag to top it off.
I’m able to work anywhere, so it’d be a bit overkill to set up a designated home office :joy:

But I do look forward to seeing how you end up designing your home office @MacSparky having heard you mention it more than a couple of times on the show :smile:

2 Likes