I always like seeing where people work and what their desks look like. What’s your setup look like?
Full view. I am terrible at cable management…
- 27” iMac, Retina 5K, late 2015
- iPhone 8 Plus 256gb, Space Gray
- iPad Pro 12.9” late 2015 128 gb
- Logitech Create Smart Keyboard, refurbished
- Apple Pencil
- DAS Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac Clicky MX Blue Mechanical Switches
- I will never type on another iMac keyboard. Ever.
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7BK SonicPro Over-Ear High Res Headphones
- These things sound amazing. Seriously good upgrade over my previous Audio-Technica cans, the M50s.
- ANCHEER Ergonomic Office Chair with Black Mesh
- Heil PR 40 mic kit
- IKEA LINNMON/ALEX Desk
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
- iXCC RCA to 3.5 mm cable
- Need this to connect the speakers to my iMac
- LG 4K Monitor
- North Bayou VESA Mount
- Twelve South 12-1223/B HiRise for iMac - Height-adjustable stand with storage for iMac and Apple Displays
- Lamicall iPad Stand
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mous
- Aenfor aluminum gaming mousepad
- M-Audio M-Track C-Series USB Audio Interface
- MAKETECH Swivel Under-the-Desk USB 3.0 Hub
- Choetech Wireless Charging Stand
- FORSÅ Work Lamp from IKEA
- LIFX Z Wi-Fi Smart LED Strip Starter Kit
- LIFX A19 Wi-fi Smart LED Bulb
- Brainwavz Hengja - The Headphone Desk Hanger
- IKEA Holmo 46” Floor Lamp
I love this post. I’m building my new home office now. Expect pictures from me in the not-so-distant future.
What is in the bowl in front of the left monitor in the top picture. They look like fossilized olives.
Frozen black grapes, which are my favorite snack in the hot, humid, Mid-Atlantic.
Much better than fossilized olives. Although, I have to admit, I have never heard of black grapes. In other news, your post made me add the clicky keyboard to my Amazon shopping cart. Thanks a lot.
Looking forward to it David.
Wow! That’s one beautiful set up! I’m at work now but 1) I use a windows computer and more importantly 2) my table is an awful mess of papers and paraffin blocks and slides… (I work in a hospital lab)
That’s a great workstation! I love the lighting, too. I am curious - is this a standing desk ensemble, and, if not, have you ever considered switching to one? And what’s running on the left screen, left hand side? Is that vim with the airvim plugin, or some terminal with an awesome shell extension/prompt/theme (thinking oh-my-zsh or the like)…?
Perhaps a ‘setups’ category is in order?
This looks way cool. I’ll be happy to share mine when the renovation we’ve got going is complete.
4 posts were split to a new topic: Dom’s Office Setup
This looks awesome @TiffanyW_412 , it’s inspiring me to take a look at 4K monitors. I’d need one with a low enough refresh rate because my current one is a gaming BenQ that is low res but plays nice with my Nintendo Switch
Ahhh the classic Ikea desktop with alex drawer combo. Looks really good! If anyone is looking for some desk setup ideas I recommend checking out the battlestations subreddit. A lot of the posts are “gaming” setups, but there are some productivity/mac ones as well. Ive gotten a bunch of ideas for my own setup from browsing over there.
Nice rig! Note to all - I think we should shamelessly copy from Reddit and refer to this topic as Battlestations.
A post was split to a new topic: Quahog’s Office Setup
We have renamed the Homescreens category to “Homescreens & Office Setups” and moved this post there, as well as split two others into their own topics, please continue to post away!
No not a standing desk unfortunately.
On the other monitor:
Hyper.js with a few npm scripts running and oh-my-zsh with Dracula theme and patched Powerline fonts for the git integration and those flags you see. I also have syntax highlighting and a few other plugins as well as a pretty interesting z shell bash profile. No vim I’m afraid. Todoist when I was using it and Timing 2.
What scanner would you get now for film? I thought Epson built really good scanners for that?
Anything you’d change about your set-up or improve upon @TiffanyW_412?
I love this! Reminds me of Mac Setups on OS X Daily
I really should have gotten a longer LINNMON tabletop. I bought all this when I planned to move so I just set up everything in this new place. I didn’t quite gauge how much stuff I was buying and how I would place them when I arrived. I have a 78" LINNMON and I would probably go with a 96" and another ALEX drawer.
I would also like some better fake succulents if I am being honest. I couldn’t find what I wanted on Amazon so I opted for a set of four and didn’t really realize how small and how fake they’d look. Like, really, really fake. So I plan on getting one here soon and paying more money for it.