Newton email app / service is being shut down

The quest to find the ideal client begins again…

2 Likes

That’s a killer, as I love the fact it has read reports built in. Anyone else know of an app that includes those even for new users. I read that airmail only provides it for old users which I am but it doesn’t fill me with confidence that it will continue

Peter

I’m talking to one of the Airmail developers about this (as I’m a beta tester I’m in their Slack) and will report back :slight_smile:

Follow up: They’re going to look into it again, there’s a couple of things they need to think about but it’s on their consideration list :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you say they do you mean airmail ?

Yes, I just edited my post to clarify :slight_smile:

Personally I have no issues paying for that feature if there is a cost implication

Peter

Love Airmail, I left Newton a little over a year and half ago when they turned subscription. I have no problem paying for stuff if it’s essential to me, but Newton wasn’t. If it was cheaper, then maybe.

I always try new email clients regularly. I was down to just Spark or Airmail. In the end, Airmail won!

How to get on upcoming betas!!?

Nooo! This makes me so sad.

Love Airmail, per a great recommendation from Rosemary Orchard. :smile:

Ahh no, the best email app I have ever used :frowning:
Sadly it was before its time, only 40K subscribers isn’t enough

Just logged on to find others to console with I’m so shocked by this news …and I’m batting 0/2
Every email app i love has an issue :cold_sweat: first dispatch now netwon

…whats our contingency plan??? guess ill be testing airmal & spark out this month :face_with_head_bandage:

Sigh. Yep. I’ve already bought both in the past. Just a matter of deciding.

Anyone using MailMate? The promise of markdown is strong, but it looks so 90s.

@JohnAtl you can write markdown in airmail.

http://docs.airmailapp.com/airmail-for-mac/composer/markdown-composer-airmail-for-macos

I do it all the time as the WYSIWYG composer is a bit fiddly with lists.

Anyone interested in what superhuman co is doing? https://superhuman.com/

How is this email different or the same as say, Airmail? thank you

Have you got your invitation yet, I think it looks interesting?

I signed up, but have not received the invitation.

Thanks for the heads up, looks interesting, wonder what it will cost.

Yeah, I’m waiting on an invitation, too. If anyone is a member and wants to invite me, I won’t be upset :slight_smile:

Same here. It even has a look of Newton. KInda dancing on its grave…