Note apps with real-time sync?

Although not perfect, I find the (nearly) real-time sync of Apple Notes across devices helpful.

From my testing, the following also offer similar real-time syncing:

• Craft
  • NotePlan
  • UpNote

What other notes app offer real-time sync?

For me Drafts seems to sync pretty quickly across devices.

Obsidian isn’t too slow either.

In both I can type on my laptop and see changes on my iPad about a few seconds later. It’s not instant like Google Docs, but it’s pretty close.

Thank you. Are you using Obsidian Sync?

Bear is nearly instant for me. Apple Notes sometimes takes hours, unfortunately.

1 Like

Obsidian Sync is close to real time assuming an Internet connection. It also handles out of service interruptions very well.

Agenda can be added to the list.

I find SimpleNote instant enough particularly from Mac to Linux and Android.

I also use Obsidian Sync and am in my third year. I find it very fast and reliable. They recently added regional servers around the world to improve latency for users outside North America.

They’re currently running a special that lets you permanently lock in a higher level of storage if you subscribe before January 1. See New Obsidian Sync plans: bigger, better, faster, smoother - Obsidian

Drafts syncs in real time.

OneNote.

A lot can be said about OneNote but the underlying sync mechanism enables you to work on multiple devices (incl. PCs and the web) at the same time as handwriting, sketching and typing are synced in realtime (you can literally see yourself typing from other device).

I recently posted about Supernotes in another thread. We have real-time sync, and real-time editing and collaboration. You can see the cursors from your other devices / friends while you type, like in the example below (this is the same notecard on two different accounts / apps).

Realtime Editing

Other apps that come to mind that haven’t been mentioned include Notion and Dropbox Paper.

2 Likes

I’m always stunned how fast Drafts syncs to all my devices.

1 Like

I don’t use Obsidian sync, just the out-of-the box sync via iCloud.

UpNote has the most blazing fast sync I have ever seen……ever