Now that the iPad Pro sports an M1, on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 is most likely) what are the chances the Pro gets Xcode, Final Cut Pro, and Logic Pro?

Now that the iPad Pro sports an M1, on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 is most likely) what are the chances the Pro gets Xcode, Final Cut Pro, and Logic Pro?

I would say 5 for FCP and LP and maybe 3 for Xcode.

1 Like

I agree, but I will wage a shy 5/5 for all.
For the longest time, having a Mac was necessary to build iOS apps and this has been decried as the fact that the iPad was not its own thing. If this year is the year when the platform finally fully stands on its own thanks to the M1 chip, Xcode has to be there.

2 Likes

Mine is a 5/5 for all as well. My prediction was they’d put an M1 chip in the iPad this year, and now at WWDC we’re going to see some great implementations of their flagship software. How could they not? I think what they’ll be left sorting out is what elements will be prominent in the touch world.

2 Likes

It really makes me wonder why Apple killed Aperture

2 Likes

Would also provide a great incentive to upgrade if those pro apps were reserved to the M1 iPads… (not that I want to - I’d love to run Xcode on my 2018 iPad Pro - but I can see it coming)

Please please please give us third party system integrated text expansion while you’re at it

1 Like

Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro: 1
Final Cut, Logic: 3
XCode: 1

I’m done with that fight.

1 Like

Notice that I haven’t mentioned a share sheet in Apple Mail. :grin:

2 Likes

and now you are just reopening all of the wounds…

I settled on Spark across all the platforms… it just sucks less than the others.

2 Likes

whoa, I hadn’t thought about them releasing watered down versions. I would not be pleased.

1 Like

I wonder if they’d have to water down the pro media apps in some way, though, because otherwise they’re going to charge $100+ for them and the iOS market doesn’t support that. Maybe they’d offer subscription pricing for access to them on all platforms.

1 Like

I don’t think they can risk offering watered down versions of the pro apps. This would only fuel the “iPad is a toy” narrative. However, subscriptions would be absolute cash cows for Apple - feeding that Services revenue - and possibly leading the way to more pro sustainable apps (I certainly wouldn’t mind that).

1 Like

I think a “buy once across all platform” approach would be better… I own them on the Mac, doubt I would pay again to use them.

1 Like

Oh, but you will be able to subscribe to use them on all platforms!

If they insist on 1 iPadOS then 1 out of 5 for all. else we might be in with a chance next year, would not wager anything on this years announcements

What if, and this would be kind of a dark timeline, instead of XCode, we got a proper Visual Studio Code for iPad announcement? Or, in a lighter timeline, a full iPad version of Nova?

they can of course avoid all the kerfuffle by just giving us macOS on the new iPad Pros.

1 Like

ok you convinced me. of course I will require that $300 I paid to be credited to my subsciption.

1 Like

Who needs Logic when there is Cubasis? :stuck_out_tongue:

On the announcement day, I mentioned on a different thread that, the day they announce Visual Studio Code for iPad, I will immediately place an order.

1 Like