Oct 30, 2018 Apple Event Streaming Thread

Same here :frowning: Expected at least a minor upgrade on iMacs and/or MBPs. So my mid 2014 MBP is safe for now. In my opinion approx. 2k for a well equipped Mini or Air is way to much for the performance offered.

Thanks. Haven’t had too much time to peruse. . .

Me too… phone, pencil, pad work wonderfully. But… dang some exciting new choices. Will run with what I have and see what Apple’s crew builds next. Ahh, I will have 12.1. Wonder if the new keyboard will fit my 10.5. And…

For me, they got my interest in wanting to stick with 12.9 by first doing the side-by-side with the old form factor first, but the sheet of paper thing is what sold me on it. I’ve always loved my 12.9 screen size, but crunching the casing down to as big as a sheet of paper really sealed the deal for me.

1 Like

I have a 2011 iMac and was eagerly awaiting an announcement today. Can’t believe I may have to buy a 2017 to replace my aging rig.

Live streaming kept going off-line on my iPad. Only got peeks at the MacBook Air and iPad and Mini. Bummer.

The Verge says no on external drives.

2 Likes

Oh well, we’ll have plenty of storage locally and of course, the cloud services…

It’s not supported, at least not yet, according to The Verge’s review.

I also saw it connect to a camera, which automatically popped open the camera roll import screen, but we’ve confirmed that it will not support external storage over USB-C.

I’m not really interested in it for adding more storage. I just want to make it easier to get things on and off the device without having to rely on internet connectivity.

2 Likes

I have a late 2016 MBP with touchbar and 1TB SSD and a keyboard that acts erratically. I’ve been very patient with it and am taking it in later this week for the Keyboard Service Program. After today’s presentation, the new MB Air is looking very attractive, although I would have to downgrade to a 512GB SSD. But Apple would give me $980 on a trade-in. Decisions. Decisions.

Yeah, I get that. I would love to be able to pull audio files from my field recorder via the SD card reader to sync up with video footage, for instance. …or into a sampler-app for that matter.

1 Like

I have the same qualm on sizing. My current 9.7 iPad Pro is so different compared to these new models with thin bezels and larger screens, I’ve simply got to go see them in the store and play with them for a while before making a decision.

Anyone ordering a 2017 iMac, as no iMac updates were announced? Or still hope for a pre-Xmas update on iMacs? So frustrating, waited for WWDC, then hopes up for Sep and was ready to order when the keynote closed…

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I was ready to buy a new iMac in June, then September, and now today. Nothing. I’ve waited too long. I’ll buy one now but it makes me sick that I’m buying a year old machine. Of course, once I buy it, they’ll push out an upgrade. How long will I have to return it if that happens?

Apple has a 14 day return period.

1 Like

For the big one. $20 less for the 11" keyboard folio.

Pricing on all of these new devices is insane. Sure, the base models are quite reasonably priced, but once you bring them to a level that’s in line with modern day specs, you pay almost double of not more. Almost 2k for a Mac Mini and 1k for an iPad Pro 11”… What are they thinking?

12.9" is the One True iPad Pro Size.