October 30th Pre-Order Thread!

I decided on the 11” iPad Pro to replace my 9.7”, with the pencil and folio case. Looking forward to next week :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing to by a Macbook Mini for sometime now but I was holding off because they might release newer ones. Now that they are indeed released, I lost my budget to something more important. sigh. Well, maybe in a few months.

I’m on the fence to order MacBook Air. I’m trying to hold my breath and sleep :smile:

I also ordered a Space Gray 12.9-inch iPad Pro with Cellular and 512GB, and a smart keyboard folio and new pencil.

…or, initially I actually ordered a 1 TB. And now I’m all stressed out that I’ll regret changing it. :laughing: But I really don’t think I would need that much space on my iPad.

I’ve had the 512GB of the last gen since it was released and have never filled it, so I went with 256GB this time.

2 Likes

The Air uses the same 5W processor types as the MacBook Adorable, while the nTB Peo uses (previous gen) 15W processors. Also the Pro has a brighter display and supports the wide color gamit.

It’s too late to change my order now. That would push delivery to the end of November. So I’ll just have to own the change and hope I won’t actually regret not going for the 1 TB. :man_facepalming:t2:

12.9 256GB wifi + cellular
Smart keyboard Folio US English
Apple Pencil 2nd gen
AppleCare+
Delivers November 7

Ordered iPad Pro 11 Space Grey 256 with new Apple Pencil and new smart folio… I was torn between the 11 and the 12.9 ipad but had hard time justifying 1.9 inches for extra $200… I hope I dont regret this, if so, Apple has a good return policy… :slight_smile:

• iPad Pro 12,9’’ 256 GB space grey, delivery between November 14th to 19th (I placed the order 5 hours after the event, silver would have been still available on November 7th)

• Apple Pencil, delivery on November 7th (so that I can enjoy it while waiting for the iPad :laughing: )

• Smart Keyboard Folio, delivery between November 19th to 26th (the German umlauts seem to need some time I guess :wink: )

I really wanted to order a Mac mini. I really really did. Our 2011 Mac mini at home is just about done but I think I’ll probably go with a low end iMac.

I just realized 2 things when thinking about ordering one of the new iPad Pros.

1. For those of you in the education field, don’t forget Apple offers an education discount. I have a side gig as an adjunct faculty member at a local university, so I qualify. I often forget about this… :thinking:

2. The new iPads are USB-c, so they require USB-c adaptor accessories. That means a new SD card adaptor (to read SD cards from my cameras), new HDMI adaptor (for connecting to my school presentation system for lectures). and extra USB-c charging cables.

3. Consider having your pencil engraved. I’m engraving mine with my initials, to distinguish mine from my wife’s or anyone else’s. It’s free, so why not?

Some discussion of USB-C cables for charging and sync here:

Did that delay your ship date?

Good argument for, though if you intend to sell your devices later it makes it harder, and unfortunately it can delay delivery.

And if you did forget, usually if you call them then they can fix it, or if you take your items to a store after delivery they can refund and resell at a reduced rate. And now I have to go to the Apple Store on Wednesday because I forgot my discount! :woman_facepalming:

Yeah, but I don’t mind.

Thanks for the refs to the USB-c threads, btw.

I’m just too impatient, I guess. No engraving for me.

Right. I usually don’t get my gear engraved, but engraving the pencil seems to make more sense, especially if you work or reside in a place with many Apple Pencils. :wink:

3 Likes

I really need to see and pick up the iPads to decide which I want. The 12.9" iPad weighs the same amount as my old iPad 3 (the first Retina iPad), which is a pretty amazing trick. But that iPad weighed too much for me - I’d use it in for reading in bed and on multiple occasions I fell asleep and the damn thing whacked me on the nose. I replaced it with an iPad mini that I adored and was much lighter. The 11" Pro weighs only 100g more than my mini did, and the 12.9" Pro weighs around 330g more. That could be substantial, but I have to see.

I won’t be pre-ordering the Macbook Air, although I’d love to! Currently on a 2012 Air, which is doing quite well, considering its age. I long for the newer, faster, more of everything Air, but my bank account isn’t healthy enough. I’m retired, low income, not sure when or how I’ll get one, but dammit, I will get one somehow.

1 Like

I ordered a 12.9 256GB Cellular iPad Pro with smart keyboard folio and pencil, plus AppleCare. I’m trading in my first generation 12.9 (also cellular) which took away a tiny bit of the price tag sting. The iPad is my most used device and if I keep this one as long as the last, the benefit to me daily will far exceed the cost (I think!). It took me a while on release day to pull the trigger, so I won’t be seeing mine until November 20th. After I ordered, I wasn’t sure about sticking with the big size, but now that I’ve read the first impressions from those in attendance at the event, I think I made the right call, at least for me coming from the previous big version. So excited to get this in my hands!