October 30th Pre-Order Thread!

I think I can guess that @MacSparky ended up ordering the big iPad Pro on launch day if history is any guide. But what about @katiefloyd? She just bought the 10.5” last year … yet I saw a post from her that was talking about USB C cables for the iPad. What did she do? I hope I don’t have to wait until Monday’s podcast to find out!

12.9" iPad Pro, 256, wifi, space gray - pencil v2
11" iPad Pro, 256, wifi, space gray (for my wife)
Mac Mini, 16 GB, 6 core
Nov 7th for all

Now just need a 4k monitor for the mini…

1 Like

We cover it on the show publishing Sunday. Let’s just say for now that both Katie and I spent money.

9 Likes

A bit surprised by the number of 12.9" iPad Pro purchases. It seems like most people complain about the size.

Could be that most people use the iPad for entertainment, and not work where the larger screen makes sense.

I am still on the fence, but the 11" sortof gives me a compromise.

I’ve always loved the 12.9". All that screen real estate makes the size worth it. The fact that the new model is a bit smaller overall while keeping that big screen is just icing on the cake.

I respectfully disagree! :blush:

I really need the bigger screen to decipher the content of complex PDFs like music sheets. I already have the old 12.9 inch iPad Pro and I would never want to go back to a smaller version. And with the shrunken bezel, you get a big screen almost with the overall size of the older smaller iPad Pro version.

1 Like

Anybody using Apple’s Trade-In / Give Back program to help offset the cost of new devices? @ChrisUpchurch, I think you mentioned you were using it in another thread, yes?

I was going to use Apple’s program, but they were going to give me only $175 for my 9.7 iPad Pro 128GB w/cellular. Gazelle, on the other hand, offered me $200 for the same device, and added 3% when I got the Amazon gift card option. So $206 vs $175… :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Yep. Apple offered me about $50 more than Gazelle for my iPad Pro 12.9” 1st gen.

1 Like

You might want to try Amazon’s trade-in portal - I’ve found that they’re pretty competitive in their gift card offers for electronics.

1 Like

Thanks. I guess it pays (no pun intended) to shop around to determine which buy-back service gives you the best deal for your old gear.

I lean towards Amazon because not only do I shop there a lot - so I know I’ll use up the gift card fairly quickly, but I also have the Amazon-branded VISA card which gets me an extra 5% all purchases there (and access to occasional special deals slicing 10-15% off some products).

Not planning to buy today but I am stoked Apple decided to keep the MacBook Air. Best computer I’ve ever had and good to know that when/if I need a replacement it will still be around.

2 Likes

Same bullet bitten. Certainly not cheap, but effective for pretty much everything- except for the dreaded Google Docs.

I waffled on launch day to press that Apple Pay button to buy the new 12.9” iPad Pro. I must have put the thing in my shopping cart a half dozen times, then coughing at the price and removing it, before finally pulling the trigger. By the time I did, the shipping date was pushed out to the 20th of November. I was kicking myself for not acting sooner.

Imagine my surprise today of getting an email from Apple saying my new iPad was shipped and would be delivered this Friday. I love it when they under-promise and over-deliver!

1 Like

Same sort of thing happened with my Apple Watch Series 4. I got it a couple of weeks before the estimated delivery.

1 Like