Peek Performance

Wow! can’t believe how many things they are unveiling today! I am glad I have waited to get a new Mac.

1 Like

Given that my iMac died yesterday, the Mac Studio is pretty much an automatic buy. The Studio Display is everything I’m looking for in a Mac monitor.

This is going to be a very expensive event for me.

5 Likes

I will probably purchase the same as you.

1 Like

And here come the prices.

Yep, gimme a Mac Studio and two Studio Displays… :smile:

3 Likes

Sitting here hitting refresh on apple.com

Probably can’t justify an extra $2000 for the M1 Ultra. M1 Max should be more than enough horsepower for me.

$1599 for the Studio Display is actually more reasonable than I was expecting.

5 Likes

Studio Display feels a bit on the high side. No variable refresh or high refresh. Still appears to be using standard LED tech. It looks like they repackaged the LG panel they’ve been selling for years.

I was holding off on getting this LG until this event, and I’m leaning towards the LG now.

However the higher PPI on the Studio Display is appealing. Not that I need it.

$300 for the nano texture option…

edit: never mind - my mistake

1 Like

Then get it without those options…

You may be mis-reading the prices. The listed prices include the stand and monitor. The only extras you pay for beyond the $1600 starting prices is a fancier tilt/lift stand and nano texture glass.

3 Likes

Ahhhh - ok. Yes, I was misreading it. That is a silly way to present the info I think. Especially since we learned from the Pro Display that the stand is an extra cost. But you are correct, that the price doesn’t change when you select the stand.

Sorry - as you were.

2 Likes

The model that I bought comes with a stand. Total $1,599.

1 Like

I agree @ChrisUpchurch, Studio Display seems reasonably priced and looks like what I need.

I’m thinking about getting one for my Intel Macbook Air and then upgrading either to a new laptop or possibly even a mini in the next 6 months.

So is it safe to say that the Mac Studio and Studio Display is the 27-inch iMac replacement/upgrade?

Ordered a Mac Studio: M1 Max (32 core GPU), 64GB, 4TB SSD. Given that my iMac died yesterday, this is pretty much a no-brainer. In the rush I somehow missed adding Apple Care+, so I’ll have to go back and do that.

Where I really went a little nuts was on the display side. I’ve been running a 5K iMac with two external 4K monitors since 2017 and loving the huge amount of space. However, it always bothered me that the Dell monitors didn’t match the panel in the iMac and just generally didn’t look as good. So, I went ahead and ordered three Studio Displays. Yeah, that’s basically setting my wallet on fire, but I figure I can use these for a good, long, time.

8 Likes

Dude, you HAVE TO post pics when you have your new gear all set up.

HAVE. TO. :wink:

8 Likes

pretty sure you have 60 days to add AppleCare after you get the Mac. At least that was the deal on my new MBP. So maybe you don’t have to loose your place in line?

1 Like

Interestingly, Apple no longer seems to list the Intel 27" iMac for sale on the website. I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it back (an iMac Pro is rumored for 2023), but for now, if you want a “Pro” desktop, for less than $5000, the Mac Studio is it.

1 Like

No worries. I’ll definitely post the Al Gore pic.

3 Likes

It looks like the display only has one input? Does anyone know if it’s compatible with a PC?

Many people have been working from home for 2 years and Apple doesn’t think to add at least two inputs? This would have been an instant buy for me but I’ve got a work laptop and my Mac.