Peek Performance

Mac Studio Acoustic Performance

2 Likes

Thank you!

(Why was I not able to find that earlier?)

That is quiet! Do they release these numbers for every Mac now?

Yep.

Thank you! Great to know for those of us easily disturbed by fan noise.

Wow. That is the first Spring event for some time that was genuinely exciting. I was getting worried after the Apple TV, iPhone SE and green iPhone 13s. I love the laptop with screens lifestyle, so I am not going for the Mac Studio. The MBP is so good. I cannot justify it. I have been waiting to replace my two old monitors for ages, so I plumped for two Studio Displays with VESA. Very excited to get decent displays. On cables, do not waste money on Apple’s. OWC do excellent TB4 cables, and I trust them - about £54 each off Amazon, and they are 2m (the 1m is £32). I trust Apple with cables, but they are too expensive for what they are.

6 Likes

Strange they showed one measure in bels, and one in decibels.

Maybe? Probably? I’d hoped though, with better low power efficiency, that the Mac Studio would be quieter than the iMac Pro. The iMac Pro was great when it was new, but mine and others have gotten noisier as they have aged. 5 dB (M1 Mac Mini at idle) is really quiet. 3 dB (M1 16" MBP) is too. The 15 dB for the Mac Studio is about where I start to get concerned about the character of the noise and the change over time.