Quick Note - supported apps (Podcasts!)

I’ve been doing some testing of Quick Note on iPadOS 15 PB.

So far the only apps I’ve found where the content link can be automatically added when you create a new Quick Note are:

Apple apps:

Safari
Mail
Maps
Books - links to book but not the page
Messages - links to conversation but not the individual message
Podcasts - links to the precise timestamp as well as the episode
News
Photos - links to individual photos but link title is just Recent photos; Albums link with the title; memories, people and places don’t link

3rd party apps:

AirBnB
Redfin
Trulia
Pocket - saves links but with no title or other identifying info.
MLB - team links work correctly; news stories save link title correctly but with generic mlb news URL
Yelp
Foursquare
GitHub
Firefox
Craft
OmniFocus

All of the above reopen in the source app (I don’t think this is b/c of Quick Notes per se but b/c of the installed apps registering the URLs).

Chrome - saves URLs but they open in Safari.

The only app where the note pops again when you return is Safari.

Apple apps which don’t work at the moment:

Contacts
Files
Music
Home
Stocks
Apple Store

3rd party apps which don’t work:

Amazon
Realtor.com
Zillow
Kindle
Ulysses
Overcast
DTTG
Twitter
Facebook
Libby
NY TImes
News Explorer

6 Likes

@dukelajolla reported QN’s ability with the Craft app here. Is that a different scenario?

I have a theory. I find very interesting the small window that Quick notes use. We have seen before Apple playing with interface elements before rolling them out as available APIs. I’m thinking we might see such windows become more widely used in the future…

1 Like

Wow - this is even better in iPadOS 15 PB 3. It now gives options from every supporting app you’ve used recently.

In subsequent testing I got it to offer me links from 8 recent apps.

Craft also works as a link provider. Hopefully there will be an API whereby we can choose the notetaking app as well…

1 Like

Would you mind listing the apps. I’m only seeing messages and Safari? :wink:

I don’t remember all the ones I was testing with but there’s a list in the first post - just now I had 2xSafari, Mail and OmniFocus offered.