RSS readers (again). Your favorite?

I previously use Feedbin for the footnote parsing alone, but leave it to keep my subscription budget thin. Feedbin has great interface on the web and iOS, less great on iPadOS. You can just use their app to be able to full text search and read parsed web content!

I am evaluating Unread while waiting for my Fiery Feeds subsription to last. The interface is great (imho the gestures are better than Reeder) and the built-in integrations are useful. Unread’s subscription is expensive though, 2.5x of Fiery Feed’s and half of Feedbin’s. Not sure whether I’ll switch or not.

1 Like

Reeder 4 as the frontend and tiny tiny tiny rss for the backend!

2 Likes

I settled on Feedbin for the back end and NetNewsWire for the client. Following up on @MereCivilian, I will probably try the FeedBin mobile apps and the web app on the desktop. Also, I’ll try Reeder (again–why not?).

2 Likes

@MitchWagner - i suggest try the feedbin apps first and you may not need to try anything else.

The only other RSS related app I actually use is Feed Hawk. It makes subscribing to Feeds through safari extenion on iOS super easy, supports Feedbin and is FREE. It finds all the rss links on any given website. It was actually recommended by the Feedbin Developer

2 Likes

I just tried it in mine and the sort order is correct, it follows the selection.
Might be a glitch?

1 Like

I’ve tried quitting the app and have just deleted and re downloaded from the App Store, no change :frowning:

I’ve put in a support request. Shrug

1 Like

Has anyone switched from Newsblur to something aesthetically better who was heavily using Newsblur filters and set up an equivalent filtering? It looks like I could almost do it it in Feedly on the $100/year plan, but I’d have to give up a few heavily filtered feeds as that would take me to $648/year min. 3 users plan.

Maybe DevonThink could do it…

1 Like

Reeder 5 with a selfhosted FreshRSS as the backend…

4 Likes

Reeder 5 plus Inoreader plus iCloud Feeds. I’m trying to transition away from Inoreader just because I don’t use 90% of its power.

2 Likes

Reeder with NewsBlur as the source. I like the features that NewsBlur comes with, but its iOS client leaves a lot to be desired. Reeder is much nicer and more reliable.

NetNewsWire is a very good option as well.

2 Likes

I use Feedbin (grandfathered for $2/mo or $20 a year). I usually just visit the browser version of Feedbin, else, I use Reeder 4 on iOS and Mac.

I still don’t see the need to upgrade to Reeder 5.

1 Like

Interesting. There’s no mention of Reeder supporting ttrss. How does it work?

1 Like

Fiery Feeds on ipadOS. The web UI of ttrss on my Mac.

2 Likes

Reeder 5, with Feedly back end. I find the Feedly sync to occasionally break, requiring restart. I would switch to iCloud sync but I like having a web version for occasional use on Mac/Windows. I don’t care enough to pay for a service.

1 Like

I am using Reeder 5 with NewsBlur.

1 Like

Inoreader + reeder 5

1 Like

I use lire and Bazqux. It seems I’m the only one liking them here.

lire is one of the most advanced rss apps, with modern UI and full text extraction w/o a subscription cost.

Bazqux is the only sync service I found that supports filters, again with a one-time payment option.

5 Likes

The Bazqux website shows a $30/year subscription. I too use lire but with the free version of Inoreader. I was using the paid version but couldn’t justify the cost while using only a few rules and filters.

1 Like

Pric­ing?

You can pay $30 or $50 an­nu­ally, or $249 for a life­time sub­scrip­tion. De­pend­ing on your coun­try tax­a­tion rules you may need to pay VAT/GST above the se­lected price.

This is the current pricing of bazqux listed in FAQ. I think the lifetime price was increased last year though.

1 Like

Reeder doesn’t officially support ttrss but it does support Fever API. And there is Fever API plugins you can install in ttrss. That’s how I use them together!

3 Likes