Welcome to MPU Talk

Not delighted to see this move. Another site to sign into/review? No thanks.

4 Likes

Weā€™re going to see how it goes for now, but thanks to @joebuhligā€™s fabulous help weā€™ve set this up on a stable but low cost system!

6 Likes

Awesome, that is great to hear :). I hope it continues being sustainable!

1 Like

Katie, Rose, Joe and David - thank you for moving us off of FaceBook. I think this is a good move for the community. Take careā€”

7 Likes

Great move off FB! =)

4 Likes

Donā€™t like the fact that I cannot see everything at once. You have to go to groups. It is disrupting the flow. Is there any way to just see comments as posted?

4 Likes

Iā€™m really happy that our Mac Power User community is now on Discourse. Itā€™s the best forum software Iā€™ve ever used and it doesnā€™t have all of the compromises and distractions that are inherent with Facebook. Onward!

4 Likes

Youā€™re probably looking for the Latest view, itā€™s a stream of the posts which are new/have recent activity.

1 Like

Thanks Rosemary. But it just displays categories. Change is hard, I know. Donā€™t want to be a complainer. I just donā€™t like the layout that requires clicking back and forth into groups or catergories in order to see any post.

Itā€™s showing posts, not categories (categories are hardware, software, etc.). Forum software works differently to Facebook and has advantages (the ability to categorise and tag for starters!). I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a way to offer a Facebook like experience without doing it for everyone and requiring @joebuhlig to do a lot of work, but perhaps he has a suggestion?

@Judi_Jacobs, one thing to try is the Latest view of the site. We debated having that as the homepage, but Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s the best idea for the community flow overall. Iā€™ll leave that to the owners to decide.

But give that link a try and see if that helps.

6 Likes

Looking forward to the new platform and all the discussions here!

4 Likes

Thanks much! I have been using that to see the latest and engage. It is better.

1 Like

You can set the Latest view as your default in settings.

10 Likes

I was surprised by the move just because I wasnā€™t expecting it. But it makes sense, and I like the way the website/forum is organized :sunglasses:

And I would encourage everyone to go into your profile and customize it and the site the way you like!

4 Likes

Nice move off Facebook! Looking forward to participate in the community.

4 Likes

Not happy that I have to check yet another social media site. Ugh. I hope this isnā€™t the last time I come here but I suspect it may be. I wonā€™t likely remember to come to this site. It will be interesting to see whether you come anywhere close to the numbers you had on Facebook. I hope it works out.

1 Like

Hi everyone. Glad to see the move off Facebook, glad to be able to join this community.

1 Like

Thanks to all involved in this move. This forum is a much better venue for our discussions as now there are topic headings. I hope everyone who was on the Facebook group makes the jump to the forum and look forward to a more structured environment for the group.

4 Likes

And thank you to all involved for staying ahead of the curve as far as server resources. This has been a real delight to use, especially compared to Facebook. The first day there was a brief period where there was some friction to using the forum with slow loading, but that was nipped in the bud and now everything zips along.

5 Likes