What Case Do You Use On Your iPhone?

Previous model phones I owned usually went into a Speck case.

Both current iPhones (work IP7, personal IPX) have Apple cases; the work phone came with a silicone version and I went with the brown leather case for my phone. Of the two, I like the leather case. The silicone version is too grippy when going into or out of a pocket; it likes to catch on the pocket lining and also picks up more lint/dust. The leather case is now showing a little wear around the edges but I don’t find it too slippery.

On a side note, I have been pretty consistent with UAG cases on my iPads. I like the versions for the iPad Pro models that allows the top cover to pop off and be replaced by the Smart Keyboard without needing to remove the back case portion.

1 Like

I swap my phone cases to match my watch bands. My current pairs are: Apple’s Product(Red) leather iPhone X case and leather watch band; and Twelve South Relaxed Leather case in Midnight Blue that goes with an off brand Midnight Blue leather watch band.

2 Likes

I use a dbrand skin on the back. Nothing else. It has served me well for a long time. And looks good too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I started with a no name soft case and protection glass over the edge. But ordered a rugged protection Otter Box from the Defender series. The phone would not go in with the glass sitting over the edge, so I had to replace that too. This case did save my phone already twice. The belt clip holster is great to use.

1 Like

I use a Michael Kors wallet one. Among its other features is a wrist strap. I’ve had 5 of them over the past 6 years, the last two off of eBay.

When I move from my 5S to the X, I’m going to have to find something else because they don’t make them anymore

2 Likes

IPhone X with a Mous carbon fibre case.

1 Like

I use the Spec Presidio Grip for my phone. It adds a bit of bulk to the phone, but I have big hands so it’s still comfortable for me.

I use a hard case from RedBubble for my SE. Thin and sturdy, probably the best iPhone case I’ve used. A nice thing about it is, being from RedBubble, you can put most any design on it (mine has the logo of one of the in-game clothing brands from Splatoon) :smile:

I have a Spiegen case right now but the bottom part if I take it out of the case to mount on my tripod gets messed up and then I have to rearrange the rubber.

I use the case that Apple built around my iPhone X - the glass. It’s too nice to put another layer on it that covers up the natural beauty.

1 Like

My personal 6s has a Spigen Neo Hybrid. My work 6s has an Otterbox Defender.

Been using an OtterBox for my 6, for 3 years now.
I was recently on a cruise and dreaded the thought of dropping it overboard, while taking a scenic landscape shot… I still would like a case with a lanyard, but still want the beefy OtterBox protection.

Do any of you have cases with lanyards?

My iPhone X is usually naked. It gets cased when I take it for a run, as I feel like it’s more likely that I’ll drop it (or it will fall out of my RooSport pouch). For that I use the Apple Silicone Case in red.

1 Like

Lots of great cases being used, I’m trying out naked this week. Got apple care should the worst happen.

I use the Spigen Slim Fit for my X. Very happy with the balance between slim and strong design image

1 Like

OtterBox Defender for the clumsy members of the family and OtterBox Commuter for me.

I use the Book Book wallet by Twelve South (https://www.twelvesouth.com/product/bookbook-for-iphone). Mine has seen some wear and tear and I get compliments in meeting about how cool it looks. I’ve switched 100% and don’t carry a wallet.

3 Likes

I hate putting my iPhone X in a case because it’s a beautiful device, but I’m too scared of damaging it so I’m always looking for minimalist cases that you can see through. I currently have this case on it: https://amzn.to/2MMpwFV

Unfortunately, we recently had curry for dinner and put the phone down on the table and didn’t see a spot of the curry there and now there’s a light orange stain on the back (darn turmeric!) so I may need to find something else. I shudder to think how it would have stained my phone itself.

I have tried tempered glass cases in the past, but they always end up breaking on me, once leaving large shards of glass in my pocket!

I seem to recall that at least one or 2 of the older MagPul cases had lanyard loops. They aren’t as beefy as OtterBox though. I am not sure but I’d look there to see.

Edited to add: Nope not available on any current cases. But you might drop them a line and request it, they seem receptive to modifications of their stuff that improves its function

I’m a long haul trucker and always keep my phone mounted. This is absolutely the very best mount and case I’ve used. I can’t recommend it enough for travelers.

18 wheelers are not a smooth ride and yet, this mount keeps my phone on the dash through all kinds of roads!

It’s also easy to hold and feels great.

Oh, because it has a magnetic back, it will mount to any metal surface. Handy, at times.

MagBak

1 Like