What Case Do You Use On Your iPhone?

For anyone wondering what the bright orange leather case looks like I’ve put some images on my blog here

Hope it’s ok to post links :slight_smile:

A caseless iPhone 6s

I initially used the Apple leather case on my 8 plus but recently moved to a Spigen Liquid Crystal case.
I think it’s a super case - it’s slim and protective but it also shows off the design of the phone much better than the leather ones. It also allows my iPhone to fit into my DJI OSMO Mobile 2 Gimbal much better and the case doesn’t get damaged by the gimbal’s clamps like the leather one does.

I have used leather cases from Vaja since the 1st iPhone. They are pricey but I generally keep my phone for two years then my wife uses it for two years and then my kids get it. After 6 years the phones still look great. The Vaja cases are slim and come in a variety of styles and colors.

I’ve been using a Mophie Juice Pack Air battery case.

I use a caudabe synthesis on my 6s plus with a glass cover for the front. I have dropped the phone multiple times on concrete and the phone is in excellent condition. There are some hairline cracks in the glass cover but the underlying screen is unharmed.

Prior to that I used air jackets on older phones.

I just use the Silk Base Grip, which is the Wirecutter recommendation. It’s basic, it’s fine. Fits well and works well. Mine is black on a black iPhone 8 (worked with my 7 as well).

iphone7cases-lowres-4581

Image: Wirecutter

1 Like

No case. Never used one on any iPhone. Never broken a screen or anything. Knock wood, no problems with any iPhone since the first one to hit the market.

The X is beautiful as-is. I never put the phone in a pocket with anything that might nick it (keys, etc.) and I’m very careful handling it. I never understood why spend a fortune on a beautifully designed and built phone and then wrap it up in some ugly cheap plastic or rubber case.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a case with a lanyard on it?
This is what I really want.

The Moment Battery Photo Case has provision to attach a wrist or neck strap.

1 Like

I’ve always gone naked for all my phones but given the X’s cost of repair and unknown durability, I added a case and have been amazed at how thin and ignorable it is. This one is very well made and pretty and costs a whole $11. Very happy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0759JF57W/

1 Like

I have the iPhone 8+ and I’m using the Twelve South Journal case with it. It’s replaced my wallet and I’m really happy with it

Link:

I don’t trust non-apple cases (I had one with my iPhone 4 and it badly scratched the back of the phone.) The Apple silicone case is sturdy and protects really well, so that is my go-to choice.

This is the most handsome case I’ve ever seen, unfortunately they don’t have one for the iPhone 6. That said, it’s looks so nice and wallet-like, I think it would make a too-attractive target. The case doesn’t look as rugged as what I have now (OtterBox), but it wins for the most handsome case I’ve seen.

The Totallee iPhone X has been the best thinnest case yet for me!

Because I am a passionate photographer, I bought the iPhone X (love the phone!) and added a couple of Moment lenses to it and obviously the case. I don’t like the case a lot by the look but as I am using the lenses very frequently (couple of time a day), I keep the case on it all the time.
The iPhone X is a beautiful phone and I would love Moment to make their case transparent to see more of the beauty of the phone :wink:

Lots of great choices. I’ve gone back to Apple silicone for now. Grip and not too bulky.

I’m using an Apple silicon case on my X. I went naked for a while, but I was spending too much energy feeing paranoid, and I like how it fills out the camera bump.

But the silicon is fraying and peeling off the case already! This happened with my last Apple silicon case, on a 6s, after just shy of a year. It started peeling near the lightning port and now a whole corner has peeled off. Are my pockets weird, or is this a common problem?

Anyway I’m not sure what I’m going to do about it. I like the case but this is ridiculous.

Moshi copper case on my iphone 6s… Kept me in good stead for the last two years, best £34 I’ve spent.

I’ve really been happy with the Caudabe Sheath case for my iPhone 7 Plus. I’ve had a lot of phones and cases over the years, and this one is hands down the best combination of minimalism and protection I’ve had. My office has a lot of hard floors (concrete and marble) and I’m fairly clumsy, so I drop my phone fairly frequently. This case has protected it every time.

I got one for my wife’s phone and my teenage son’s iPhone X, and they work equally well. When I get my next phone this fall, I’m putting this case on it right off the bat.