What input devices do you use?

Curious what input devices you all are using with your macs.

I’m using a hhkb pro 2 and a logitech m570.

Apple Magic Mouse v2, Apple Magic Keyboard v2, Apple Trackpad v1. I use the Trackpad mainly for gestures like four-finger drag to switch spaces, etc. and the mouse for everything else.

Apple Magic Keyboard v2 and Apple Trackpad v2. This is the setup I have in both home and work offices.

Keyboard: Apple Wireless Keyboard with number pad (latest gen)
Mouse: Logitech (Logi) MX Master 2s

1 Like

Code Keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches (and WASD red 0.2mm o-ring dampers) and a Logitech MX Master mouse.

1 Like

I use an ErgoDox EZ with Cherry MX Reds and a Logitech MX Master. Ergonomics is a huge need for my day to day setup.

2 Likes

I use a Northgate OmniKey/102 keyboard (built in 1989), with a Logitech M100 mouse (costs $10). I also have an Apple Magic Trackpad 2 for when that makes sense. I’ve got a stack of Apple keyboards and not so mighty or magical Apple mice that I don’t use.

Apple Magic Keyboard v2 and Apple Trackpad v2 for me also. I’d prefer the latest keyboard with a number pad, but can’t justify upgrading the keyboard for that. I haven’t used a mouse with my home system for years.
Occasionally also use a Wacom Intuos Pro for pen input, typically with Photoshop or Lightroom.

For a keyboard, I’ve used the Kinesis Advantage for the past 13 years (currently using the second-gen model). In recent years I started using its foot pedal support to improve my ergonomic setup even more.

For a pointing device, I use a Logitech M570 trackball. I’m not entirely thrilled with it, but it’s better than other trackballs I’ve tried, and far better than a mouse for my needs.

What I’d really like is a ThinkPad-esque nub pointer that I could stick in the empty space between the two halves of the Kinesis (I tried using various Apple trackpads to approximate the same thing, but click-and-drag with a trackpad is just too awkward for me).

Apple Magic Trackpad V1, but plan on upgrading to V2 soon, for additional options with BTT!

As per Marco Arment’s recommendation, use a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard at home, and a Kanex multisync keyboard at work. The latter is not great to type on, but was one of the few options out there that allowed me to type on all of my MBP, iPad, iPhone and Windows PC, with a tap of a button.

Took a while to get used to the ergonomic shape of the Sculpt, but really like it now.

Fortunately, the PC is hardly used anymore, so when the Kanex kicks the bucket, will get a 2nd Sculpt keyboard for the office, and make a “software” plan to still access the iOS devices, and occasionally, the PC.

I’ve used a Logitech K811 bluetooth keyboard and an Apple Magic trackpad v1 since started running the 2011 MacBook Air in clamshell. They’re connected to the iMac now.

1 Like

I really like the old Bluetooth Mighty Mouse.

A razer blackwidow chroma that J got second hand from an ex-colleague XD. Love the shiny, colorful lights and I love the mechanical clicks, though the integration between razer software and macs isn’t the best… Would try probably want a colorful mechanical keyboard for my next one though I’d be hoping to get a more mac friendly, cheaper option since I don’t game. (Not much gaming options on the Mac anyway.)

Using a kickstarter swift point mouse that I regret backing. Really cool features - if only they’d release a native mac driver!

I use a Magic Keyboard and a Logitech MX Master 2s with my MacBook Pro and the Apple Smart Keyboard with my iPad Pro. I like the aesthetics of the Smart Keyboard enough to stick with it, though I’ve used better keyboards in the past.

1 Like

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard. The killer feature is the front riser. I think MS discontinued it, so I don’t know what I’ll do when this dies. The new version has no front riser. Have to go split ergonomic or I get carpal tunnel type issues after a few weeks of using traditional keyboards.

Logitech thumb trackball. Forget the model, but it’s their current high end one. Love the magic track pad, but RSI becomes an issue with constant use.

1 Like

Das Keyboard 4 Professional for Mac Clicky MX Blue Mechanical Keyboard
Logitech MX Master Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse 2 for gestures

iPad Pro
Logi Smart Keyboard

1 Like

iMac:
Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX Blues
Kensington Expert Mouse
iPad Pro:
Apple Pencile

Niiiiiiiice. I’ve been hedging on that keyboard for a couple years now due to expense, but I’d love to try it.

Apple’s Magic Keyboard and Trackpad!

On my MacBook Pro, I use a Wacom Intuos Pro and the built-in trackpad. I used to have an iMac with a Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and a Wacom Intuos.