What input devices do you use?

I use the Logitech K811 with the Apple Magic Trackpad v1 on my desk for my Mac Mini and to do any typing on my iPad. The iPad is close enough to reach out and select things but not close enough to type on in its desk stand. The Logitech keyboard (which can switch between 3 different devices) can switch to the iPad if I need to enter something.

1 Like

Can I connect all three devices to a Mac Mini (2014) all at once?

I’m running a Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and Magic Keyboard with my 2011 Mac mini, no issues.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I have the keyboard and trackpad already and an thinking of adding the magic mouse.

With my MacMini, I use:
Apple Magic Keyboard,v2
Logitech M100 Corded Mouse ($4.44 form Amazon)

After burning through two Logitech MX Master mice over a 5-6 year period I tried out the Magic TrackPad 2 soon after it was released and quickly made it my pointing device of choice. I bought BetterTouchTool for it for improved trackpad gesture support the day the app went from freeware to commercial.

I’m currently using the wired Magic Mouse keyboard with numeric pad on my iMac, and use the wireless MM keyboard thqt came with the iMac when I need to connect to an iOS device. For two years I used a mechanical Das Keyboard that had a volume knob and transport controls on it but when it started having problems the manufacturer (a) nicely replaced it with a new keyboard, but (b) shipped me the PC version with Windows keys on it. I never used it and it’s just sitting in its box.

2 Likes

@jack, How do you like the HHKB with your mac? I’m considering one, but the lack of arrow keys is a bit concerning. I’m a heavy user of text navigation key combos (option-arrow to move by word, shift-arrow to select, etc.) and I’m wondering whether adding yet another modifier to be able to invoke arrow keys is took much.

I’m curious if you have experience along those lines.