What is the best thing about Mozilla Firefox?

Everything in that post seems reasonable to me and makes me want to support Firefox more.

1 Like

Thank you for the link. I disagree with your take and conclusion and agree with @MitchWagner, but this is certainly not the forum for such a discussion.

To broaden the discussion however, it increasingly goes to show that tech and politics are not separate, have not long been for a long while, and the discussion of “features” as if they were removed from any real-world reality is becoming more and more illusory (alas), just as the personality of a CEO will reflect on a company as a whole; you can’t wholly separate Apple from Jobs or Cook nor Microsoft from the vastly different Gates and Nadella eras for instance.

1 Like

It wasn’t to bad I found - import and then sync.

The biggest issue is so many prompts and checks - it’s all there for good reason, but it does make doing setup clunky.

I’d say it’s a power user app as it needs some care, otherwise it can wipe bookmarks and the on boarding could perhaps be made a bit clearer.

It also makes my bookmarks alphabetical which appeals to an OCD part of me.

1 Like

Anyone who values individual freedom and free exchange of ideas does not agree with current SJW narratives and insane deconstructing of the basis of our culture and society. Mozilla is a long-time supporter of this insanity and thus does not deserve my trust. But as you pointed out, this not a forum to discuss it, anyway.

Tech and politics are not separate, and the power of Big Tech is frightening. But not much I can do about it so I at least try choose and affect my personal app space.

Speaking of reporting posts to the mods…

I just did so.

Sigh…

Yeah, I am out…

PoliticalCompassMemes to the rescue.

(Don’t take it seriously!)

1 Like

Remember when this thread was about web browsers? That was a cool time.

3 Likes