What’s your job?

Mac/iOS developer since 1997 (before it was cool). Need I say more?

1 Like

Thanks @ismh for merging this. My bad,

I’m a “Business Analyst”. What that means in my case is I’m a “Product Owner” on a programming team. I define the problems, communicate with subject matter experts, users, and anyone else interested in what we are working on - the idea is that the team only has to ask me what needs to be done, and if I don’t know already because I’ve already learned the answers, then I reach out and find out. My job involves lots of meetings - small teams, and one on one.

I’ve been a trainer in the same organization, which means I know a lot of the workflows the users use and the kinds of things that trip them up. I’m really lucky to have a cool job.

The product I work on is an Electronic Medical Record system. My work focus statement is “I want all diabetics to keep their feet”. This reminds me that my work is important, and keeps me working to help the users take the best possible care of their patients - both at an individual level, and at a population level.

5 Likes

I’m a project management consultant doing primarily Agile, though I’ve done it for long enough that I can speak traditional project management, too (PMP, PMI-ACP, and SCM certifications). I teach one of the courses in Agile Project Management at Harvard Extension. I use my Mac(s) and iPad all day every day to get my work done.

Used to be a marine biologist and C++ coder way back (before the STL was even standard!). Completely changed paths: currently pro fiction writer (fantasy mostly), in France (but working on getting translations done!), 35 short stories and a dozen of books out at this stage. Also podcaster, blogger and doing talks about creativity and productivity. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Educational researcher, first joined the Mac family with a Power G4. Ditched the work PC in my current job over ten years ago to use my devices and software. Expensive for me but no regrets if it’s means a better workflow and ‘peace’ of mind.

I lead an advanced analytics team working with the companies who supply products to a major supermarket.

I have a work Mac but it’s really a Windows company, which can often be painful. Also have an original iPad Pro that I used to use for work a lot but not so much now I have a Mac.

Custom Fountain Pen Maker
Retired Senior English Teacher

3 Likes

My full time job is teaching computer classes at the community college. My main area is web design and development, but I end up teaching in computer networking and software testing, too. I also work closely with Geospatial Science faculty.

My part time job is on-air on the radio for a Contemporary Christian radio network in Michigan and my other part time job is on-air for a Positive Country music station.

2 Likes

Do you keep track of audit trails or audit access on EMRs?

Oh yeah, auditing who made notes, who looked at notes, and when; all that would be standard in EMRs in any country.

And how would that be digitally produced if requested by a subpoena? Asking in the context of a med mal matter.

I am a social psychologist and associate professor with a special interest in studying technology and relationships.

That would be different in every EMR.

If you work in the clinic, just call your vendor for advice on how to run the needed reports.- It’s perfectly normal, and they will help you out with no judgement.

If you are on the patient side, if you can find the name of the EMR, or the Vendor, you or your Lawyer may be able to get in touch with the EMR vendor to see what kind of report would usually be produced by the EMR. You aren’t their client, so they may not speak to you at all. Finding the name of the EMR may be easier if you have a report, or Rx, or other communication from your clinic - sometimes the Vendors like putting their name on them.

I’m sorry to hear that you are involved with something like this - I know that both sides are hard to be on.

Marketing manager for email company.

1 Like

Professor of Biology at George Fox University.

1 Like

Retired I.T. Tech from the UK - started in Apple stuff in 1983. , and used every mac ever made , before that i was a Chef :slight_smile:

1 Like

Litigation paralegal 40+ years, now in my first year of retirement. Started using Macs in 2008. On my fourth MBP (13" 2020 w/ touchbar). Although I had to use Windoze at work, happily used my MBP in the courtroom. :smile: Still doing a bit of remote contract work for my old firm but using my Mac.

2 Likes

Update on my previous post. Last week I was offered a promotional position. I will now be a New Entrant Auditor for new motor carriers. I will still have some time on the road. Mostly looking at the records of new trucking companies to ensure compliance with the federal regulations.

3 Likes

Everyone having great careers here makes me feel inadequate, haha.

Anyways here to share:
I’m a head of department responsible for putting up outdoors advertisement in greater Oslo, Norway in all the public transportation (tram, metro, buss) and on public places.

We set up foil for Samsung in the biggest metro station in Oslo quite often, ironically.

Use a Macbook at work with my shift leaders using one as well. Makes working with Notes and Numbers possible on some aspects of my daily work :smiley:!

3 Likes