What’s your job?

What a fun place to work! I actually have my MLS so while I don’t work in a library, I’m feel like I’m somehow part librarian.

So my family tree is in two places: Ancestry because that makes collaboration and finding cousins easier. But I use a web tool called TNG that is a bit technical to set up as you need a webserver but I really like it much more than any software I’ve used.

Honestly I track my DNA matches in Google sheets. I keep my notes there and have a surnames column. I also will export chromosome info into cells and then can sort by that which helps to see where people overlap. There is probably a smarter way to do this, I just haven’t taken the time on it.

Yes, my nose is scaly.
This might be better.

1 Like

Delayed reply!

Designing with Microcontrollers – The 68HCS12
Far Inside The Arduino
The PDP-8 Class Project: Resoling An Old Machine

2 Likes

Director of Project Management Services for a Contract Research Organization - I help medical device companies develop and execute clinical trials.

1 Like

Personnel Manager and Music Librarian for a professional orchestra! And I do the same types of things for our youth orchestra as well (minus the payroll part haha).

2 Likes

Elementary school principal.

1 Like

I’m the executive director of a nonprofit.

1 Like

My first degree was in Electrical Engineering, but now I am a pastor and clergy coach.

3 Likes

CPA/numbercruncher, and I cannot wait for a 16" macbook with a numpad (which will never come)

1 Like

I’m an Orthopaedic Surgeon.

2 Likes

First I have been a joiner, than seller in a big hardware store and since 1992 I am working for the same advertising agency as an Administrator, doing the post-production with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, do some graphic design and – formerly often, nowadays rather rare – work as a teacher for all the software in the graphic sector.

1 Like

Head of Retail and Visitor Services for a museum. Two departments, 8 team members, and tired always.

1 Like

I missed this entirely but someone has resurrected it :slight_smile:

I manage information security for a Canadian university and write software that shouldn’t be written.

2 Likes

Dang, man, good on ya!!

2 Likes

Hah! Using languages that shouldn’t be used, I’ll bet. JAPH?

I bow down to you, sir. Someone very close to me is alive today due to the efforts of a couple of your colleagues.

3 Likes

Mostly python: In my days as a (and sometimes the only) network engineer I, probably unwisely, developed a network automation and orchestration system that now underlies nearly all of our network management applications and scripts. We can’t afford to replace it, so I’m “stuck” maintaining it :slight_smile: (Fortunately I can still leverage it to assist me in some of the stuff I have to do in my current role.)

I am interested in what the Mac power user listeners do for a living? I think it would be interesting to see what kind of diversity there is here in terms of careers and/or side gigs. I have to imagine theres a wide range.

For those who are comfortable sharing, Id love to hear what line of work people are in and how their apple products slot into that life.

(im not sure about the rules on this forum, but if people are content creators id love to see links to what peope are doing)

1 Like

Late 30s, financial planner.

Unfortunately have to use a company laptop which is windows, so don’t get to integrate Apple into working routine but use iPad extensively for NotePlan to keep on top of everything going on in my life.

Edit >> redirected…