Will you upgrade to the new iPhone?

Power and Battery (https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare/#footnote-11)

iPhone :tennis: :fast_forward: iPhone XR
Lasts up to 30 minutes longer than iPhone X :fast_forward: Lasts up to 1.5 hours longer than iPhone 8 Plus

Talk time (wireless): Up to 20 hours :fast_forward: Up to 25 hours

Internet use: Up to 12 hours :fast_forward: Internet use: Up to 15 hours

Video playback (wireless): Up to 14 hours :fast_forward: Video playback (wireless): Up to 16 hours

Audio playback (wireless): Up to 60 hours :fast_forward: Audio playback (wireless): Up to 65 hours

5.8”Super Retina HD display :fast_forward: 6.1”Liquid Retina HD display

I’m on the iPhone upgrade program so moving from X ( £56.45pm ) to XR ( £41.45pm ) is a saving of £180 a year.

So I get the same camera lens, same processor, BIGGER screen (LCD looks as good to OLED to my old eyes) and loose telephoto and 1m depth in water.

The final benefit - that blue colour!

3 Likes

I am happy with my X. I have tried to stay in major update cycle and skip the “s” years.

1 Like

Xs is really a funny name for an XL phone.

Can someone explain the benefit of an Oled display over Lcd?

That question is so 2017, lol.

1 Like

Thanks. You’re right, I could have googled that myself …

It’s funny, but I kept the opposite schedule lol, I liked getting the S year iPhones. That way the new model had a year of working the bugs out and the S model was sort of like the finished product.

5 Likes

I got 6s and will be getting used iphonex. New ones are good but in order to afford you have to Rob a bank😁

i used to upgrade every years but I was no on the Face-iD train so I have 7s Plus
guess i have no choice now so I"m going 10X-Max I want the larger screen size and I guess ill just adopt as I did the no headphone jack :woman_shrugging:t5:

I am definitely buying the Xs. This will be an upgrade from the 7plus. My main reason for the splurge is the dual sim. I am crossing my fingers that one of my carriers will support the e-sim. I did see that Telcel here in Mexico will be selling the Xs so I am hopeful.

My second reason for the change is that the 7 plus is just too big. I welcome a phone that is a little bit smaller. I have often heard on the MPU podcasts about how the iPhone X just worked well due to the form factor. I even made a paper template to compare to my 7 plus. I’m stoked.

The bonus for me is that I have a buyer for my other phone once I upgrade.

As far as the watch goes, it is a no brainer for me as I will be upgrading from a series 0. I really want the stainless (what I have now) but will probably settle for the aluminum series 4.

I’m in the nope group. I really like iOS on my ipad, but prefer Android on my phone. If you like automation, nothing beats Tasker on Android.

1 Like

Nope. Happy with my iPhone 8. Not all that interested in face ID and that notch, it still bothers me.

This is exactly what I plan to do as well. I’m also on a 6s.

Also waiting to see what the google pixel 3 is like before I make a decision.

No, cant be bothered. Call me old school but my iPhone 6 still operates perfectly well as a telephone, sends and receives messages, takes a few happy-snaps and the few apps I have work as expected.
$1000 is better off in my bank account.

4 Likes

Ok, I did it. X-Mas xtra Max on the way. Totally unnecessary, but I‘m looking forward. Had an 6s and it works fine but now I‘ll jump to the huge screen!

4 Likes

iPhone Xs ordered (and a stainless Apple Watch Series 4).

2 Likes

256Gb Silver XS Max. My wallet is bleeding, but wife happy (she gets the 7+). She had to give in her 7 when she left work and has been squinting at my old 5s for the past few months, eagerly awaiting this day :slight_smile:

Delivery in 2 weeks

*edit looked again online a few hours later and it had reverted to 1 week :grinning:

1 Like

Hey, I get it in one week!
I went for 64 GB. Had 128 on my current one, have only 50 in use without ever intentionally „saving“ data.

Having the (now unavailable) iPhone X, I will be fine for another year at least. This might be the first time I seriously look at an Apple Watch though… it seems like it can finally be marginally useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Listening to @MattCassinelli and @AlexCox ‘s Supercomputer podcast. Thought Alex’s point about the new iPhone name was awesome…

10s (Tennis) or Xs (Excess)

:thinking:

1 Like