Workflow Workflows, a Collection

@RosemaryOrchard I have been hitting my head against a wall to attack 2 things.

1. Send a text when my battery hits 5% (Goal is to let sig other know if my phone might die before getting home)

2. Send a text message to people who’s birthday it is using plug and play info from Google calendar event. I have a calendar with the persons name on the birthday. Get name from calendar event. Match with contact, send text message (if we’re getting fancy, adding in 1 or 2 variables from description)

ex: Baseline message could be: Happy Birthday . Hope you are having a great day and celebrating today.

Adding Variables could be: Happy Birthday . Hope you are having a great day and celebrating today. Send my best to , can’t wait to see you guys at

I would add Text to calendar event that would define the variable then a : then merge data.

Thanks for helping me get into Workflow and for your support of the community, it doesn’t go unnoticed!

Best,
MM

1 Like

The first isn’t possible - I don’t know of anything that monitors your battery level and can trigger an action for it on iOS.

The second you would have a workflow that you get prompted to run by something like Launch Center Pro, it would grab today’s birthday(s) from the calendar and build the message leaving you to just hit send. Right now you’d need one LCP action for each birthday though.

1 Like

@RosemaryOrchard Thank you (as usual) for the response.

Thats frustrating that a battery level can’t be a trigger.
I can get workflow to output the level, but there’s no way to insert logic?

Having one per BDay kind of kills the efficiency part, I’ll think about it and share if I have any revelations.
Is it possible to schedule texts on iOS, or still only on Android?

Is there a workflow that will pull all items from my inbox in Omnifocus and create a pdf of those task?

Rose - thanks for the Workflows! I’m trying to figure out a workflow to do the following:
I have a Ring doorbell and the battery runs down and needs to be swapped out about every 3 weeks and recharged. Only way to check battery health is to go into the Ring app on my phone and check it. There is no option for notification of a dead battery. SO I want a Workflow that once at a day at 8:00 a.m. the Ring app opens, goes to Front Door, Device Health, Battery Level, then alerts me if it gets below 15%. Or in the alternative gives me a percentage of battery health.
If none of that is possible, I’ll just put a repeating task in Due like my reminder to put out the recycling every other Thursday. :confused:

They seem to have the URL scheme ring://, but nothing more. You would probably have better luck with the API if they allow access - unfortunately I don’t have a doorbell so have no way to play with it!

For the time being a Launch Center Pro action with a time prompt that launches the app at your preferred time is likely the best solution :slight_smile:

Thanks for checking!