Would you wear the Apple Watch Ultra to the Office?

To me the band is what makes it look formal or informal. I would use a dressier band at work.

2 Likes

Well then I’ll safe because I avoid such affairs like the plague. :rofl:

Thanks for the input. I seldom wear a suit, graduation, a wedding would be exceptions. I wear dress slacks with a button down shirt with no tie 98% of the time. I could keep my stainless steel watch when wearing a suite.

Haha I wear my Pride and Black Unity bands with my existing watch all the time, and I’m a straight white dude, so why not?

3 Likes

Make it two. I’ve been called for jury duty four times and empaneled twice.

In none of those cases did I even notice what watch any of the attorneys were wearing, let alone make any judgements about it.

I wear my AW for any and all occasions. For dressier occasions, I pair it with a knockoff Milanese loop, which looks more appropriate than the sport loops I otherwise favor.

2 Likes

Same here. I currently wear a stainless steel AW with the Milanese loop. It is fine for my work environment, even when giving presentations at country clubs. I’m just less certain about the Ultra. :thinking:

1 Like

I wore my dive watch for years with a long-sleeved shirt, button-down collar and tie.

3 Likes

Honestly, People who care about other peoples watches they wear to certain dresses or ties, should have a look for 2-3 hobbies, and start living…!

3 Likes

My office is a barn, so yes, if I needed and wanted the features the sheep wouldn’t care unless I was wearing it while pulling lambs and then the ewe might complain.

9 Likes

If a Mickey Mouse watch were my main watch, then I’d wear one with a tux to a black tie wedding.

Life is too short to worry otherwise.

Any employer who cares what watch you wear is not working for.

2 Likes

I am tempted to point at the “look at my home screen” and “look a my workplace”, “look at my new desktop” threads fishing for compliments. :smiley: And yes, I take care of my appearance. I am confident enough to go to office in a t-shirt on meetingless days. On the other hand, I care about wearing a jacket with great fit and not the potato sack-look often seen. And yes, there are some “styling faults” you can commit, like wearing the Casio toy watch to black tie. So, what’s wrong with sticking to proper etiquette? And you might consider “sticking to old things” a hobby. Why not? I like mechanical watches. Like most users here appreciate the aluminum shells of MBPs. I like fountain pens and handwriting. I like well-polished leather shoes. I like the haptics of analog photography. And like we all appreciate a well-designed app, I like a well tailored shirt. And I am single and have an active social life, and women notice.

1 Like

When I buy the successor it will be my only active Apple Watch. So, yes, I will wear it in a work setting - including in front of colleagues and customers.

When people wear a sneaker with Suit
When people wear a formal slack with sneaker
When people wear a brown belt with a black shoe

They are all acceptable

Then me wearing an Ultra is totally fine. It’s my health device and if it saves my life it’s better than pleasing someone else looking at what I’m wearing.

You might find someone with a rugged Nicks or Whites Boot, Cargo shorts, a formal light blue shirt with an Ultra and this will become a trend setter.

Ohh, that is so a wide range of possible answers, that I just don’t know, where to start? :thinking:

If YOU want to dress yourself like this, this is totally fine! Do so!! :smiley:

BUT, who has entitled you, or anyone else, to tell anybody else what he has to wear, which watch has to be worn to which tie, or what somebody has to wear acc. something you call a “etiquette”!?!

There are certain areas, where your company, or authority, is telling you what to wear, or not, and why!
There are normally good reasons for that, you can find within the Area of CI, Workplace Safety, or a reason to be identified e.g with your Ranking, or your Function.
But besides that, nobody is required to wear a certain dress, a certain Tie or Watch, just because someone else is doing so, and hopes that there is an other reason for doing so beside his own insecurity!

As I mentioned, if you want to be dressed like described, do so!
Nobody is (or should!) asking that, or blame you for this!
But if you are doing so, because you think you have to, for reasons of a so called “etiquette”, you should maybe overthink the real reason you are dressing like that for yourself.

And beside that, nobody is entitled (beside the above described circumstances) to decide which watch someone could or should wear to a special occasion, or dress!

It’s a chunky boss type watch. I guess it will show up around many offices as a sign of status.

I did the count. 10 times “I” in my statement. As in any thread, consider each post just my personal take and not the universal truth. And just to give you some perspective: while I care how I wear a suit, I am hugely popular with our warehouse workers, drivers and cleaning staff. Because I am one of the few “higher ups” that sits with them in the canteen, know each one by name, etc. That reflects on somebody’s personality more than any accessory, new iPhone or else. :wink: And just to clarify. Just because I have a personal sense of style, I have never belittled a person for doing otherwise.

3 Likes

You took this shoes, after my first post!

Yes, the fact that you think you have to specially mention something, that should be totally normal, reflects “somebody’s personality”!
You are absolutely right about that…!

But the fact, that someone calling himself a “higher up” and puts himself and his “suit” on the one side, and “warehouse workers, drivers and cleaning staff” on the other side, says also a lot about “somebody´s personality”.

1 Like

The silver color is pretty horrible, I wish they had the black/space grey color instead. The extra button sounds assignable despite being horrible bright orange (hopefully will be able to assign a shortcut to it though?!). I think it will stand out more than my black watch now and not excited about that…

But there is 36 hours battery life so I got one.

This is why I’m going to wait to see one in person. I’ll go to the Apple store and try one one wearing my usual office attire so see what I think.

2 Likes

I wear an Apple Watch for workouts and notifications, I have a separate device that measures PO2, PVi, Pi, etc. I was considering an AW 7 last year but purchased a space gray SE because I didn’t like any of the new colors. The AW is a tool, but looks are a consideration.