WWDC 2020 Keynote thread!

Futuristic Wheelchair :+1:

1 Like

Hmm. Cycling directions are something that actually bears on my day job (Transportation Planner). Wonder how long we’ll have to wait until they spread to smaller cities like Wichita.

Super cool! Looks like it has vertical motion too, for eye-level conversations, reaching shelves, etc.

1 Like

Is this the first time Apple has actually mentioned the U1 chip in a keynote?

App Clip = OpenDoc for apps?

App Clips - one for the developers there (i.e. I didn’t really get it!)

Isn’t OpenDoc about allowing those pieces to all be in a single document?

• This is less a Dev keynote than a Relay.fm keynote.

• Oh, I’m out on errands and broke/lost my phone. Now I can’t get into my car. :smirk:

• App Clips like custom webapps. “Easy to discover” - only if devs support it, not sure how popular that will end up being, we’ll see.

1 Like

spotlight for iPadOS! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Scribble: Newton reborn!

1 Like

• Sidebars: because Apple refuses to consider a shelf.

• Overlays “not cool” - yet was “cool” for years (with untold user complaints) before it was uncool. #betterlatethannever

• Scribble handwriting recognition: Apple has been trying to get this sufficiently usable for years. Glad to see they finally (believe they) did. Fingers crossed for this. If I’m Scribbling in a text field though, I wish the field would resize to a bigger box.

I know a lot of people will like the ability to set default mail and browser. I saw that on a card behind Craig.

1 Like

1 Like

The way they’re using the accelerometer data for spatial audio on portable devices is pretty cool.

5 Likes

Sounds like there will be a lot of opportunities for underscore to enhance Watchsmith in watchOS 7.

Watchfaces backgound music is really annoying :face_vomiting:

I’m guessing the wind down stuff is in response to all of the shut down shortcuts

Sleeping tracking on Apple Watch! :sleeping_bed:

3 Likes

Wash your hands you nasties

1 Like

• AirPods: I guess real-time Translate will be some year in the future.

• WatchOS: much-needed changes, like using the same complication(s) on multiple faces, face-sharing.

• Dance: devs are tossing popcorn at the screen. (But I look forward to the gifs made of her dancing.)

• ‘Activity’ summary: we’re changing it AGAIN, and changing the name too.

• Sleep Mode: interesting how they elide mentioning minimum battery needed for overnight use.

• Sneaky way to get Kevin Lynch to finally wash his hands.

1 Like