WWDC 2021 Keynote!

For what it’s worth, that’s literally it for Mail even in the Monterey expanded feature list.

However, there’s a MailKit extension session on June 10th. Perhaps something interesting may happen there.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one’s talking about the new naming scheme for macOS. Big cats, places in California, and now not-fish with Manta Ray!

2 Likes

lol I’m actually wondering HOW LONG we have for number based I[pad]OS updates. 15 is looking a bit chrome-ish :slight_smile:

1 Like

They didn’t mention magnifier was getting its own app.image

I’m guessing macOS will be dropping names too at some point…

I have no idea, I don’t use Notes…?
But I would wager you will get a backlink where available from your Quick Note to the content from where the note was taken.
… now if you could link notes to notes that way, that could be quite interesting.

3 Likes

Mail.app people rejoice, there is ONE major addition that flew under our collective radar:

6 Likes

OH I’ll be looking into this for sure. :-1: with google :slight_smile:

I have no guess on how they plan to implement this. Are we getting .me addresses again?

I’m thinking it means they’ll be hosting email for people’s DOMAINS like mine is gabeanzelini.com. Right now I use gmail to host this (so I don’t have an @gmail email) and I’ll be switching to iCloud+ if this is indeed what they’ll be offering.

1 Like

I’ve finished watching the WWDC keynote from end to end. Wow. The point hit on dozens of times in the announcements, and visually, about services and features operating seamlessly across iPhones, iPads and Macs underscores how important the groundwork in the last few releases of the OS’s was. It’s all coming to fruition more obviously than ever before.

Apple made strategic decisions years ago to not sell OS licenses, and to invest in them heavily. It looks like a grand platform integration strategy has emerged as a result. I’m glad I own the suite of Apple hardware.

The devil’s in the details, as always, but after a few years of not looking forward to the new OS’s with much enthusiasm, I now want to wake up tomorrow and find that a few months have passed and iI can install Monterey and its siblings.

8 Likes

Maybe that’s why search in Mail is broken, to protect your privacy by not being able to find emails.

7 Likes

I guess they will implement something akin to Google – changing MX records is probably too un-Apple-y and they will want something transparent. I would gladly ditch Fastmail if I could get all my email under their own systems.

Between this and 2FA, looks Apple is going to make me SAVE money this year.

And now, with these developments, I start dreaming that they might finally build upon all this and offer an integrated email service next year.

2 Likes

I have wanted this for a long time and will move my domain over ASAP.

Now I just hope they don’t restrict you from using your AppleID email on their hosted mail service.

1 Like

State of the UNION definitely has a new meaning this year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How could you prove you control the domain other than modifying the dns records?

Effectively if you can change the DNS records, you own the domain :slight_smile:

Meant to say this is posted from my iPad with the beta on it :slight_smile:

So far having issues hiding icons from the Home Screen.

edit: They’re gone now :smiley:

2 Likes

Correct. I was questioning what could be “something transparent”.

Pored over the New Features pages for iOS and Mac OS …these stand out to me.

• Built in Authentication (already covered here)
  • Cloud Collaboration Folder in the Sidebar contains all shared Docs
  • Continuous Dictation no longer limited to 60 seconds
  • Custom Email Domain (covered here)
  • Downtime on Demand - only phone calls and apps you choose will be available
  • Locate After Erase - Find My can locate device even after erasure.
  • Locate when Powered off - self explanatory
  • System Preference for Passwords - Hallelujah
  • Screen Time for Devs -
  • Separation Alerts - thought AirTags would launch with this. Must have feature
  • Extension in Mobile Safari- Thank you thank you thank you
  • Flexible Software Updates - You can upgrade to 15 or continue to receive 14 security updates

Keep’em coming guys and gals. The small stuff matters

2 Likes