All Good Things

I’ll just miss you, Katie!

3 Likes

Thank you for your dry wit and great sense of fun. Wishing you a wonderful 2019 and beyond @katiefloyd but I’ll still miss you like crazy.

2 Likes

Thank you for the time you’ve given over the years, @katiefloyd. I’ve appreciated your insights and candour.

2 Likes

Thank you @katiefloyd. I’ve really enjoyed your contribution on MacPowers Users over the years. I hope the new chapter in your off-line life is an enjoyable one.

That, and whenever I hear the phrase “All Good Things” this comes to mind:

8 Likes

I just bought my second on Black Friday!

11 Likes

I feel selfish for being so bummed upon reading this. I’ve literally had Katie’s voice in my life for about 7 or 8 years, which is when I first came upon the show.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise with us, Katie. It’s been a fun and educational ride. Best wishes for what comes next, and I’m happy to hear you have much to look forward to. I hope I still get to run into you at some legal events.

4 Likes

This is very sad news. My Monday morning commute just won’t be the same without Katie. I have really enjoyed your intuitive comments and the way you keep David in check. I wish you the best and hope you will connect with us again in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks for your contributions to community! It’s been a pleasure you learn from and be entertained by you over the years!

6 Likes

@katiefloyd, I wish you the very best! Thank you for helping to make the podcast entertaining and informative.

1 Like

Best of luck Katie, it’s been fun listening to you and David. Like others have said you are a good balance to his exuberance at times! I haven’t listened very long but have greatly enjoyed the show.

2 Likes

Katie,

You will be missed, but I join the others in thanking you for years of entertainment, information, and advice. MPU has been a staple of my morning commute for as long as I can remember.

I wish you the best in your offline adventures, and wish David and Stephen the best In this new chapter for MPU.

2 Likes

I have been a listener of MPU for many years, so I am sad to hear you are leaving us. Best of luck to you in your future plans.

1 Like

I love your dry homor, Katie, will miss it! All the best!

1 Like

Dear @katiefloyd

I have been a follower of MPU and yours for years, nearly since the beginning. I have listened to every show and read all your blog posts.

I have often found that the setup you had on Apple platforms mirrored my technology needs and workflows best. Your voice has been a tremendous help to many people in trying to wrangle life in a better way.

While a huge surprise, I fully respect your decision and I hope that you in the future will impart on us, what path you have chosen in life to go forward. Technology, while exciting, interesting and shiny can never fully compensate for deeper human needs, I have discovered. I hope you have found what you are looking for.

Thank you for everything and I wish you all the best. You will be missed.

Best wishes,
Andreas, Copenhagen

4 Likes

Wow. This is very sad news - but only from a rather egocentric view of a listener. Life is bigger than any podcast can be.

You will be missed.

2 Likes

Thanks for the last 9 years! I look forward to a future MPU episode where you’re the workflow guest!

1 Like

Katie,

Didn’t see this coming but, like all of us, must face this new future with hope for you in your new adventures and high expectations for a new MPU with David and Stephen. Your voice - your opinions and experience - will be missed. Like so many, the commute will never be the same. But this is our life and we must travel on.

All the very, very best and a great big thank you for all you have done to help make the Mac geeks of the world a little smarter, wiser, and better people!

Tim

Bittersweet news. Fantastic that exciting things are happening in your offline life. Sad we will no longer be able to enjoy listening to your MPU contributions. Thank you for all the countless hours of time you’ve given this podcast and the MPU community. I have been listening to MPU from the first episode onwards and it will continue to be one of my favorite podcasts. You will be sorely missed, Katie. Wishing you all the best and great success in all of your future personal and professional endeavors.

Best of luck, Katie! It sounds like you have your priorities in line. I’m sure your future will be bright and shiny!

Katie, I can’t imagine MPU without you, but I join everyone else in saying thank you and wishing you every success and happiness in your post MPU life.