All Good Things

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Best of luck Katie.

The female perspective that also seemed to come from outside the Apple podcast echo chamber was really valuable to the show.

All great things, as it were.

6 Likes

Oh my, definitely Was not expecting this news! Like others, I feel a bit selfish about wishing youā€™d stay, @katiefloyd, hearing you and David has been a constant in my life for so many years now!

I wish you the very best in all you do!

Any chance you will join MPU for one last hurrah in Chicago next year for the annual meetup?

@katiefloyd when I first read the title, I only clicked on it because of the Star Trek reference. After realizing it was you who posted it, the double-meaning hit even before I read the entire post. I do hope you keep in contact with @MacSparky as he will not have a filter on his purchasesā€¦:slight_smile: You always do well, so all the best in your next set of endeavors. Your reasoning, knowledge, and expertise will be missed. Thank you for the many, many episodes of advice and experiences.

Iā€™m very grateful for all of the time and energy that youā€™ve put into MPU over the years, Katie.

You and David have built something truly amazing! MPU is a shining example of how great a podcast can beā€¦and of how a podcast can be transformed into an active and supportive community.

I hope MPU will continue to thrive for many years to comeā€¦and that youā€™ll come back as a guest every so often.

Many thanks and best wishes!

5 Likes

Iā€™ve listened to MPU since the beginning and while Iā€™m sad to see you go, I totally get how there is a season for everything. Thanks for the years, and the memories. My friends and family rely on me for their tech support, but they donā€™t know that much of that knowledge has come form you as half of the MPU team. Best wishes, and Godspeed.

This is very, very sad news. It feels like Iā€™ve lost a friend. I started listening before I bought my first Mac in 2013 and I went back and listened to everything and have listened every Sunday without fail since then.

Youā€™re logical and methodical and that is something I always value. Youā€™re one of the best women podcasters Iā€™ve listened to and this really feels terrible. Iā€™m happy for you though and wish you the best.

3 Likes

Hi @katiefloyd Iā€™m gutted to hear youā€™re leaving but excited for you none the less. Thank you for your commitment and contribution over the last 9 years!

I feel actually really sad about this. You and David have been part of my life for 9 years.MPU is my favourite podcast I always listen every week.

I wish you well for your future.

Katie, thanks for all of the amazing work you put into MPU. You and David have helped so many folks get more out of their technology, myself included, while also keeping us entertained every week. The show must go on, and Stephen is great, but the rapport between you and David is going to be sorely missed in many, many Overcast queues!

-Jeff

1 Like

Oh Katieā€¦for some reason I felt this is going to happen soon. I am not sure why, did I feel that from your voice?! Sighā€¦
I will really miss you on the show, my commute listening to MPU wonā€™t be the same.
But wish you best of luckā€¦

Congratulations on your new path @katiefloyd. I have learned so much from you and I am grateful. Rock on girl!

Thanks for 9 years of incredible podcasting!
I wish you all the best in whatever is next for you!!

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

@katiefloyd thank you for everything, I am not sure that I have come to grips with not hearing your voice weekly (I have been listening since about episode #30) but I am sure that I wish you the best.

Sad news - Katie and David make a unique and engaging team that are great to listen to - listened to pretty much every episode and learnt a great deal from it over the past 9 years. Iā€™ll take the opportunity to find some more time in my week. Mr Hackett is definitely not my cup of teaā€¦

I canā€™t tell without having heard the first episode of MPU with the new duo. However, it will unfortunately be more of the same. I mean, itā€™s a very small group of persons making this type of podcasts and the same people can be heard everywhere. I feel thatā€™s a risk.

Thank you so much for all youā€™ve done. Iā€™ve listened from the very, very beginning and even had the honor of appearing on the show. Iā€™ve learned so much and really enjoyed your distinctive non-nonsense-yet-fun perspective on all sorts of things. I know youā€™re not one to present yourself as a ā€œfemale tech podcaster,ā€ but it remains the case that you have also had that effect: of being a great illustration of how nerdy and utterly tech-competent women often are. Live long and prosper!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always enjoyed you female and less techy take on discussions. There are so few womenā€™s voices in tech itā€™s a massive loss to our community and the larger tech world.

You will be missed.

2 Likes

Best of luck @katiefloyd You indeed will be missed. I donā€™t know enough about @ismh bonafides regarding Star Trek. I think the entire community may be needed to help him along. Iā€™ll try to do my part.

I would say there ā€œmust be balance to the Forceā€ but that might come off as trolling MacSparky

ā€œThe skyā€™s the limit,ā€ for @katiefloyd

Absolutely ā€“ @katiefloydā€™s voice has been refreshing and not in lockstep with the Apple commentariat. Thank you for that, Katie. I hope MPU continues to be something different, with a diverse set of points of view.

4 Likes

Best of luck, you will be missed.