Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2020 Deals

From what I’ve seen, $199.99 is a very low price for a new CalDigit TS3 Plus. It has often been in the $250 to $300 range. I’m sure there will be a new model at some point, of course.

2 Likes

Boom 3D is discounted to $10 (75% off). It’s a fantastic audio enhancer and equalizer. I saw it on Mac App Deals.

Smile Software’s Black Friday sale ends on Monday

2 Likes

The Sweet Setup’s BF sale also ends Monday

1 Like

Same here. I bought it because Mikah Sargent reviewed it and said that it was the best he had ever used and he’s reviewed a lot of them.

3 Likes

I’ve just stumbled across Inklet, which is 60% off.

And … wow, it seems like the app I’ve been looking for, but didn’t realise it.

It lets you draw on your trackpad using your finger (or a stylus), as if it’s a tablet, and without using a mouse. So handy in zoom!

2 Likes

Very curious how well this works! Anyone with any experience?!

2 Likes

The recent addition of Pass-Through Audio to these headphones has made them ideal for Zoom meetings for me lately.

2 Likes

I just tested Inklet in Curio using, of all things, an old style stylus from the pre-Apple Pencil days. I have a 16in MBP.

It seems that the best use of this will be for the bundle with the Pogo stick. Otherwise, the app stuttered its way through the drawing mode in the stylus/finger-mimic mode.

(I see that the Pogo has “magnetic” tips. I have to wonder whether I might find something to test that idea).

In any case, I am hard pressed to purchase the app bundle because I have since moved entirely to using my iPad, Apple Pencil 2, and a drawing app to do the work that a graphics trackpad + macOS drawing tool would do.

JJW

2 Likes

Hook App Pro? Sold! I’m glad Luc was on the podcast recently, I did go back and try the Hook App and am using it (albeit in basic ways - for now) for a current research project. I’m really happy with the ability to link to any file on my system while I write, it’s removed a massive amount of friction in my workflow thus far.

Reflector 3 by Airsquirrels is on sale for $11.99. I’ve been waiting for this for a while now

Actually check out the store and you can get Reflector and AirParrot together for 19.99

4 Likes

My camel camel camel alertly fail me on this one. It’s gone up some. I had been saving up credit card cash back specifically for this

BBech, you may have seen it already but if not, there’s a box under the price that if checked applies a $20 coupon to CalDigit TS3 Plus at Amazon, $199.99 with coupon

That’s at least in the US. Maybe they have some kind of pricing restriction that prevents Amazon from subtracting that from the price directly? No idea

That may be why my trigger didn’t go off. Hopefully it lasts until the next credit card cycle in a couple days

Reminder that this deal is live - 25% off Beyond Compare

1 Like

Standard Notes is 45% off the 5yr plan making $85 for the 5 yr period, and it’s today only and they claim this will be the last time they offer the 5yr plan.

Standard Notes is a super secure notes app with E2EE, very involved developers and a solid business model.

It looks like for the next 3 hours and about 30 minutes (until midnight East Coast time?) it’s on sale at B&H Photo, possibly with free shipping.

CalDigit TS3 Plus 15-Port Thunderbolt 3 Dock (Space Gray) for $189.99

Amazon is not listing it in stock, I have no idea if a new model is coming.

Pixelmator Pro is 50% off on the Mac App Store.

1 Like

I’ve been using Beyond Compare for over 10 years. I started using it at work, then bought my own license. It’s well worth the small amount of money they charge for it. It works on both Mac and Windows and the haven’t gone to a subscription model yet.

It has even gotten better reviews than Araxis Merge

2 Likes